1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The No Caffeine Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, May 2, 2019.

1. 12/14

I feels pretty good now, but we'll see what happens after 14 days, maybe I will have a cup of coffee then and take a 14 day challenge again, or... I will extend my streak. I haven't made up my mind yet.

2. 13/14. Missing the taste of coffee but I don't really miss the stress level that comes with it. Objectively speaking, I think my mind is trying to play tricks on me - I probably miss the stress level a lot and my mind is right now trying to tell me it's only the taste that I'm missing, hoping to get me make a another cup of coffee in order to get a rush of cortisol again. I am not trusting myself right now.

That said, I won't let my mind cheat me tomorrow, the day when it is up to me to decide if I will extend the streak or take a cup of coffee before I start over again. No, I am not going to get tricked by myself this time.

Extending my goal to 21 days.

13/21.

The very fact that I have a hard time clicking on the "Post Reply" button tells me that this is the right thing to do.

3. Well first I want to tackle being keto and intermittent fasting haha so I don't know yet :) But be sure I really want to!

4. Ameer.Hamza

Ameer.Hamza Fapstronaut

i am innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    and i don't wan't to drink caffien i will replace it with juice :) this is my first day

Force Majeure likes this.
  5. Ameer.Hamza

Ameer.Hamza Fapstronaut

for the next 90 days i don't even look at caffien kind of poison

6. 16/21.

16 days without coffee,
    76 days without sugar,
    46 days without alcohol,
    46 days without salty snacks.

I miss my coffee,
    I miss the cakes,
    I miss the beer,
    I miss the crisps.

Too bad I have decided to stay away from sugar, alcohol and salty snacks for another 44 days! ;)

Coffee? Only a few days left until I reach 21 days. What will happen then? Who knows. Fact is, my body feels better without it.

7. 18/21.

I will extend the period to 23 days. Then it’s going to be Saturday when I complete the challenge and who knows, it may just be a perfect day to have a morning coffee.

18/23.

8. Interesting is, as soon as I wrote this I got a small rush in my body. If I get a rush in my body just by writing about maybe drinking a coffee in five days, I don't deserve a coffee. Not yet. You should have thought about that @Force Majeure . Now I'm extending the challenge to 30 days instead.

18/30.

The Great Safecracker likes this.
  9. just_like_heaven

just_like_heaven Fapstronaut

Coffee obviously plays a big role in reboot process. I guess it slows the whole process down as it messes up with dopamine receptors either. I love coffee and I drink it almost every day. I try this one...

Day 1

10. Coffee seems to be the root av all evil: It's delicious. It's lovable. It's socially accepted. It's addicting. It spikes your colestrol levels. It messes up your sleep. You make more irrational decisions, like relapsing, when you're in fight or flight mode. Your stomach gets crazy. Still you drink it. Because it tastes so nice. Because you can't stop. And everybody is asking if you want a cup of coffee. You're an awkward bastard if you say no.

Now, one must not forget: We people here on NoFap are amongst the best people in the world, we face the fact that we need to improve ourselves, live healthier and improve our lifestyles. We want to improve our own behaviours, make uncomfortable changes to evolve into better human beings with more self-control than any others. We dare to step far outside our comfort zones and take on challenges no other people would even think of.

That's why taking this challenge is the right thing to do. Just because the majority of the population drink coffee doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, it just means the average person drinks coffee. We people on NoFap are not average persons - we are... the resistance.

just_like_heaven likes this.
  11. just_like_heaven

Day 2
    I felt quite irritated this morning, coffee used to raise my mood and energy. I am looking foraward to leave this all behind. I've been also thinking about quitting of drinking soda. I've read etiquettes on my favorite beverage and i was shocked how much sugar it contains.

12. The first four days without coffee were quite terrible but then it gets better, keep fighting! :emoji_punch:

Quitting soda sound like a really good idea too. Maybe wait a few days though, so you have some time to get used to your new lifestyle.

13. klava

klava Fapstronaut

It all depends on how much coffee in your life you are used to drinking per day. I had a period in my life when I did not drink coffee for more than 2 years. It was a period of pregnancy and childbirth, then feeding the child. But I adore this drink. This is a kind of culture for me. This is a moment of solitude and collect your thoughts before the start of the working day. For me, coffee is a morning aromatic cup of coffee. She is alone per day. A prerequisite is a good and high-quality coffee. For home, I buy Best coffee on the site myfriendscoffee Starbucks instant coffee.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  14. I've had back pain for about five years and I have tried many different things to get rid of it. I have been taking vitamins, msm, collagen, been doing a workout program for my back every morning, I've been sleeping on the floor for over a month (suspecting my bed is to soft), stopped with sugars to reduce chronic inflammation in the body... and probably a few things more. The workout program was incredible, the back pain went away after two weeks. Then suddenly it came back again unfortunately... so I am still experimenting with all kinds of things because I really want to get rid of this pain once and for all. So now I'm trying to get rid of coffee completely. This reduces stress and chronic inflammation and what can I say - Three days after I stopped drinking coffee, the pain disappeared and life is wonderful. It's like magic!

20/30

15. just_like_heaven