1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Easy streak

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by SovjetOnion, May 27, 2019.

1. SovjetOnion

SovjetOnion Fapstronaut

Hello,

this is just a question, but I'm curious. I've attempted Nofap a few times with various results (10 days, 25 days, 40 days as personal best). But they all had one thing in common: From start to finish, it was a constant difficult struggle of resisting urges.

My current streak is 36 days. But what is really weird about this streak, is that it's incredibly easy. I have not been horny a single time during this streak. It's not supposed to be as easy as it is now. With this pace I will easily break my personal 40 day record.

So what I wonder is, what's the cause of this? Is it an early flatline maybe? And is this a good or a bad thing? Because I don't "feel" like I'm actually doing Nofap (haven't noticed any benefits yet either). It feels so odd I actually miss the struggle. Anyone have a similar experience or explaination? Will it get more difficult now? Thankss!

2. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

You are the exception my friend.
    press forward the urges will likely arise at some point out of the blue

SovjetOnion likes this.
  3. Indurian

Indurian Fapstronaut

I've noticed over the years that the urges seem to come in waves. I've heard people with other addictions talk along similar lines. Probably the main thing I've learned is not to become complacent during the easier times.

Best of luck SovjetOnion

4. AscendenceofMind

AscendenceofMind Fapstronaut

i felt the same over different attempts, id say this is a good sign. the down site of it is that the benefits are also not that strong anymore but i felt like the downsites are also not that massive anymore. For me this is a sign that the body is on its way to find homeostasis again. Nevertheless it is important to keep the streak up as i ve experienced. if its easy for u now, feel thankfull and keep on going forward and always remember that a giving in the urge is very easy to happen.
    this is what i ve learned over several attempts. now i wanted to start a new one to keep on improving myselfe

stoneyman22 and SovjetOnion like this.
  5. Daniel Forster

Daniel Forster Fapstronaut

Did you faced any trigger during this 36 days streak? If not, then its ok to not be horny. As for myself if I don't encounter any trigger I won't be horny for that time, but If a girl started sexting with me, for example, I would be horny in no time. (If things like that happen to you and yet you don't fell nothing maybe you are on a flatline.

6. SovjetOnion

SovjetOnion Fapstronaut

When I see a trigger I don't become horny now, but today I saw a huge trigger on Facebook (which I thought didn't belong on the site) and I just felt shock. Because I haven't seen nudity and all that in over a month. When I saw it I got annoyed and logged out off Facebook and haven't been online since. So indeed I see it as a good thing too! And I won't mind the flatline if I'm in it now.

Daniel Forster and stoneyman22 like this.
  7. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

I get a strong libido response at my point in the streak yet feel near total control of the triggers and urges that are constantly bombarding my brain. You shall make motha russia proud comrade, continue on the journey imagine the lack of urges is the urge hiding itself from you to be a tricky trick mon.

SovjetOnion likes this.
  8. Daniel Forster

Daniel Forster Fapstronaut

That's not good, that's great! Haha' So yeah, I'm personally think you are in a flatline right now, whats isnt a bad thing at all. Urges are like an alter ego that just want to pull us to the failure, getting rid of it it's an amazing thing. Keep up the good work!

SovjetOnion likes this.