1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lying on bed

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by hd47, May 27, 2019.

1. hd47

hd47 Fapstronaut

Hello,
    I have a problem when I go to sleep I cannot stop fantasize, I tried to stop it but no way.
    Once I close my eyes it begins.
    I recently asked a girl who works with me for her phone number and she said no I have a bf. I'm dreaming of her now and I can't stop.
    That leads me to relapse
    Any suggestions??

Samuel Camacho and Kotn like this.
  2. Don't lay down to sleep until you are very tired. Also you can try reading until you sleep

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2019
    Rebirth101 likes this.
  3. jonfisher

jonfisher Fapstronaut

I've struggled with this before and have found it has improved a lot through repeated attempts of nofap. I've had to refocus my whole attention away from lusting after people, as much as possible.

It's been helpful for me to think about this: fantasizing about people is objectifying them, treating them as subhuman objects who don't have their own free will. It's imagining them to be something they're not, and contorting their life to be an image for your pleasure. If you take it as a mission to respect and truly love other people, it's easy to see why this is not doing that. Even if it's all happening in your head. The things you imagine today become things you try to make happen tomorrow. It doesn't hurt to try to respect and love other people with every ounce of your mind and being.

hd47 and Samuel Camacho like this.
  4. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Fapstronaut

Try watching this video before you go to bed. It's a guided meditation for overcoming a sexual urge. I had a very strong urge last night and this got rid of it completely.

hd47 likes this.
  5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed
    Just to get it all out what's in my head
    And I, I'm feeling a little peculiar

6. Kotn

Kotn Fapstronaut

Try the headspace meditation app. They have these things called sleepcasts. A man or woman reads you a very soothing bed time story with ambient sounds. It can be a campfire, purring cats, or a rive .

Preeceding the story is a short breathing exercise to get you really relaxed I've listened to 5 so far and they are amazing!

Instead of laying in bed with a trillion rushing thoughts these bedtime stories are awesome.

hd47 likes this.
  7. TimeToQuitNow

TimeToQuitNow Fapstronaut

Read a book in bed till you get tired and pass out. Put an alarm on the other side of the room to wake you up