1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Video games with iconic designs

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IR254, May 29, 2019.

1. IR254

IR254 Fapstronaut

Hey, as part of a project at university, I have to present a paper which contains a part about video games. I'd like to design my presentation in an iconic video game style.

For example, if people think about Red Dead Redemption the combination of red and black comes to mind with this very specific font.

Are there other games, which have a very iconic design? If so, which ones?

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Hotline Miami, the 80' neon synthwave style is very memorable.
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the art direction combined with the fact that the predominant color through the game is yellow gives an unique cyberpunk vibe.

3. Wankeroni

Wankeroni Fapstronaut

I'd say Bully by Rockstar. When I mention just the name of that game, the first thing that probably comes to mind is the Bullworth uniform setting a blue theme throughout the game. Who can forget any of the characters in that game. What about the variety of missions unlike any other game. You're required to do everything from taking classes, to doing odd jobs, partaking in sports, and doing individual missions for each clique there is.
    [​IMG]

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  4. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Minecraft is pretty Iconic. you could show it to anyone and they'll instantly recognise the style.

5. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal
    [​IMG]
    Used to play this game as a kid.

6. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Even as a kid never understood why you'd wanna play Roblox when cod existed lol
    [​IMG]

llortaton likes this.
  7. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Maybe because COD isn't for kids. :eek:

P.S. I also played COD as a kid. :p

recon117 likes this.
  8. IR254

IR254 Fapstronaut

lol. Who didn't, right?^^

recon117 likes this.
  9. llortaton

llortaton Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Yeah, and GTA 5, which was in 5th grade.

I remember my brother would hit me, if I died in story mode, and payed a lot in hospital bills. :D :D :D

10. Keys2TheCastle

Keys2TheCastle Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It might be a bit of a stretch, but there is this game creator/musician/artist named Mason Lindroth who has a unique style by using digital photography and claymation to create his weird characters and abstract settings. I have been obsessed with a game called Hylics, which a short but sweet odyssey of strange gibberish and bizarre items with a basic plot.

I love this guy's stuff, but I don't know how much you can really draw from his stuff for a project. Nevertheless, it's a hidden gem and I highly recommend it.

11. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I didn't. I preffer Doom.

12. PMS

PMS Fapstronaut

I can't think of any game that has a more distinct style than World of Warcraft. I haven't played that game in over 13 years but I remember that everything in the game just had this very unique art-style, while other fantasy games usually remind you of some other franchise.

13. Nine

Nine Fapstronaut