1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A day away from 90 days!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Timber, May 31, 2019.

1. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

well, here I am! If I were to go back in time one year, my old self would have never believed this possible! Honestly!

I am grateful for this website - writing embarrassing things about myself, asking help urgently, or reading success stories (or lapse stories) was a huge component of my progress.

I feel great. There are no blue balls or flatlining. I feel that my body is settled into a pattern of nocturnal emissions of 1-3 times per month. I am fine with that as it is not creating any fantasies, etc. My wife is super pregnant and doesn’t want sex much but when we do have sex, she is all over how great it was. Well yeah, I’m 100% there and way more into appreciating the pleasure that doesn’t come from my hands.

I definitely do not want to go back to PM. I’m a dad of one boy and with another boy almost here, I want to give them a legacy based on character building and inner strength. And I have to walk that walk!

And if I fail, I’ll just get up and continue with what I know is good!

Finally, a shoutout to those folks who immediately responded to me when I almost lapsed about a month ago and ran here for help!

Thanks for reading and good luck to all of us! What we are doing has immeasurable and far reaching consequences.

2. Targaryenn

Targaryenn Fapstronaut

Congratulations!

How many days you feel widhrawals and how you overcome it?

How do you overcome urges?

Please give me some advices, it will be great!

Thank you, man!

3. I pay my respect to you, sir! I just wanted to know the same thing that the gentlemen above me - when the urges become less intense. I know I have to live with them instead of running away from them, since, it's what I really want, and I really want to fight them, but anyway - how things are going with urges?

Targaryenn likes this.
  4. Wow that's impressive! I look up to you and all the people that made it that far! Hope I'll be posting something similar in about 90 days..

stoneyman22 and Enulv like this.
  5. You WILL!

hitnmis and Sleepless island like this.
  6. Thanks man. Hopefully we all will.

Enulv and Targaryenn like this.
  7. Targaryenn

Targaryenn Fapstronaut

We must win. Fail is not an option!

8. bfdet

bfdet Fapstronaut

Yep, it does.

Congratulations on your journey. Continue to be well and healthy for yourself and your growing family.

One day at a time is how we all succeed.

hitnmis and Timber like this.
  9. Great to read this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Timber and stoneyman22 like this.
  10. Reclaiming_Vitality

Reclaiming_Vitality Fapstronaut

Congratulations Pal. I wish you luck to go all the way towards the 180 day mark.

Cheers!

Timber likes this.
  11. stoneyman22

stoneyman22 Fapstronaut

Good work amigo, today we live.

Timber likes this.
  12. Good job man congrats , can you please help us with tips to avoid relapse and deal with urges

Timber and stoneyman22 like this.
  13. IM INSPIRED I'm also a father of a little girl. And I want to give her the best virsion of me. I'm about to make my first 30days in a long time and I'm so proud and your post has inspired me thank you for that. Let continue pushing each other to be the best we can be .

Timber likes this.
  14. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Hey, thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Now, about my urges... honestly, I can only speak for myself. Everybody is different.

My urges used to be intense before. Now they are much less frequent. It’s like my body is beginning to forget that M is an option. Hence the nocturnal emissions, I suppose. I don’t always experience an orgasm at night - It just happens.

What helps me when I do feel the urges? I noticed that I usually PM’ed to relax. So, working out, cold showers, etc, didn’t work for me, because ultimately I would still like to sit down after a long week, to chill and wank.

When I figured that out, life became a bit easier. I started coming here to write about my progress or to read other people’s stories, instead of wanking.

So, I guess, my answer is, figure out what your triggers are and replace them.

Also, do not try to convince yourself that you are doing the right thing. The part of you that wants to PM is way move powerful than the best argument you can come up with. So, just figure out what triggers you and replace it with something else. Don’t argue with yourself. The urges will subside, eventually!

Hope this helps!

15. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Good luck, brother! Be the best you can be for your little girl!

It is shameful now for me to think that I would try to put my kid to bed quickly to jerk off when my wife wasn’t around. How effed up is that?

I think that alone will help me keep going! I followed you so let’s connect!

16. I can resonate with this so much. My longest streak has been 22 days and at the time I thought I had known all my triggers, but sometimes just laying down and "relaxing" can be a big bite to chew. Keeping busy and away from my bed is one of my new defensive mechanisms. Cheers mate, keep it up and you will be the father everyone will look up to.

Timber and FX-05 like this.
  17. parad0x

parad0x Fapstronaut

Good work mate. Harness the momentum and keep going. I'm on my first reboot and dare I say ONLY reboot ;)

Angelicdream and Timber like this.
  18. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

You HAVE to say that because your penis listening!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Nervesofsteel likes this.
  19. 5adn8m8

5adn8m8 Fapstronaut

This is actually inspiring to see how far you've come! I'm sure your wife and children would be proud of such a strong man like you. Good luck. Best wishes.