1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mutual masculine bonding

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by JRex, Jun 2, 2019.

1. JRex

JRex Fapstronaut

Just as there are many forms of sexuality between different sexes (the responsible faithful father, the cuckold subject to a dominating woman, the promiscuous stud on one-night stands), so there is as much diversity in relationships between the same sex.

This is why labels like ‘gay’ and ‘straight’ are reductionist, and a source of confusion. These labels both divide people (where there may be overlap) and merge people (where there may be nuances).

Within the range of relationships between men is a form of mutual masculine bonding. For millennia, this was what forged bonds and unbreakable trust between tribal warriors.

Why are you confused that as a masculine guy you feel some attraction towards another masculine guy and his masculinity? How far would the tribe have got if fit men did not bond to hunt or wage war as one?

It can be expressed in many forms, but because this type of relationship serves to form a strong team, the core principles are masculinity and mutuality. There is no submissive and no dominant in this pair. It does not rule out any attraction you may have towards females.

This is homoeroticism centred on our physicality. It is a celebration, admiration and appreciation of each other’s masculinity. It makes us more powerful than we could be alone.

Does this help explain how you feel towards other men?

2. the promise

the promise Fapstronaut

Maybe the subliminal message of all songs and movies that you've watch since kids ? Idknw is just an opinion

3. Freedom_from_PMO

Freedom_from_PMO Fapstronaut

This is one of possibilities. SSA can have multiple reasons.

4. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

You’re confusing brotherly love with homosexuality/bisexuality.

5. JRex

JRex Fapstronaut

The boundaries are not clear, are they?

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. JRex

JRex Fapstronaut

This is in line with my initial point that there are several forms that same sex attraction can take.

7. The problem is the ever increasing sexual aspect everyone sees in everywhere these days. Gilbert O'Sulivan's song "Claire" said the story of a little girl telling her uncle to "marry her" and back then people just took it in a very innocent way as the cuteness of a little girl showing affect in a non-sexual way to her uncle; nowadays you show anyone such song and they'll think the man who sang the song is a pedophile. I guess the problem is that nowadays the "Mutual masculine bonding" is confused with homosexuality for some reason: a "bromance" may be confused with a homosexual romance.

8. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

There’s no romantic component to brotherly love.

9. AnxietyDude

AnxietyDude Fapstronaut

Very good points.

10. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

I'd love to bond with Elon Musk, sure! I am pretty certain about my sexuality and what others think should be their problem.

Slightly off topic, but derived from the above: today I learnt something regarding mindfulness, that I didn't think about at all and yet it makes sense. Mindfulness is the power of thinking of your own thinking and not thinking about others' thinking. So in this light, don't worry what others say.

Deleted Account likes this.