1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New challenge

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Pepa, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Pepa

Pepa Fapstronaut

Hi guys,
    21 days of PMO, without problems.I think, bigger challenge for me is to have 30 days without social networks,chatting with girls,meeting with them etc.
    Lets go, I will try it.
    Maybe stop watching TV series in order to improve my language is also big challenge, what do you think?
    I should try to take physical and psychical excercisining instead of social networks, chatting and watching TV series.
    I am starting tomorrow morning...except this page of course

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

You don't start tomorrow, you start now!

Haha, tomorrow you'll say "I can't do it today, I'll do it tomorrow" and so on. Change starts today ;)

3. Pepa

Pepa Fapstronaut

yes, started now but today I was on social networks in the morning

4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Was pulling your leg :D

I believe overall you're quite on the right track with your approach. Chatting doesn't compare to face-to-face conversation. TV series don't usually add much value, they steal your time for what I consider to be cheap entertainment.

Picking up more exercise sounds great indeed. I would also add some reading, especially stuff that gives you different perspectives, or makes you think. Add in a hobby or two and you'll not have the time to hit on girls, they'll seek your attention.

In case it gives you food for thought, I go to the gym at 6am and do only 3 exercises: squats, military presses and deadlifts (look for Starting Strength). I read a lot about depression ("running on empty" for example), and watch lectures on philosophy (youtube Wes Cecil, Harvard Justice). As hobby, I picked up again photography.

Not speaking with girls, as a rule, I think it's not healthy, because, apart from sex, they also offer a more emotionally balanced conversation. A coffee here and there to discover the human behind a pretty face, I think does wonders.

Last, general, suggestion is to not do it as a challenge, but rather as a lifestyle change.

5. Pepa

Pepa Fapstronaut

thanks...I didnt handle it today...
    maybe problem is my job...I have to call a lot and a strong resistance is there and then procrastination...
    and then chatting etc...maybe missing motivation to do it.Of course, money, but maybe it is not enough