1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Days COLD SHOWER Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Duellant, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Day 1 for me today, and it was a cold!! Shower.

2. Tzion

Tzion Fapstronaut

Day 20:

Still cold

Targaryenn likes this.
  3. Chappelle Mandelbrot

Chappelle Mandelbrot Fapstronaut

4. I've tried to change my normal(luke/warm showers) to cold but that's not for me. I'm such a wuss but can't do anything about it. I've relapsed(peeked at P) first day before cold shower because I was so stressed about it(I still struggle to cope with stress without P) and it also instead of helping with my acne(which is pretty much healed already) it only increased it past week, again because of stress - cortisol induced acne. I wish you luck with your challenge, cheers!

5. You don't have to go freezing cold right in the beginning.

Start with a few minutes of warm water, then slowly go as cold as you can just barely tolerate, then just slightly turn the temperature back up again (this does the trick). Now get used to the cold shower experience, then finish with a few seconds of the coldest setting you stand.

Over the days and weeks your will be able to tolerate colder and colder temperatures until you happily use whatever comes out of the faucet. The important part is to build a habit of regularly doing it, not the exact temperature.

6. Tzion

Tzion Fapstronaut

Day 21:
    Cold

7. Chappelle Mandelbrot

8. Mr.Anka

Mr.Anka Fapstronaut

9. Tzion

Tzion Fapstronaut

Day 22:

Cold. I've heard about the supposed benefits of cold showers before. I'm interested in any scientific studies that can be found on the issue. I honestly feel like the only benefit I've seen is the shock factor of getting fully woken up by cold water.

10. The most important effect for me is the increase in testosterone level in the same way as an two hours long workout does (but with a one minute shower). That makes me an overall happier person. Another effect is building up resilience to stand the bullshit better life throws at you.

11. LynxTheCat

LynxTheCat Fapstronaut

I'm on my 12th day of nofap. During these days I'm taking cold showers almost every day - I skipped two days but now I'm trying to keep the discipline. Good luck to you!

12. Klici

Klici Fapstronaut

Day1 - let's start

13. Andrew37

Andrew37 Fapstronaut

14. Chappelle Mandelbrot

15. Mr.Anka

Mr.Anka Fapstronaut