1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help about accepting myself.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Infrasapiens, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Turns out I am a really cool guy and everyone knows this except for me. I cannot see myself as that and I have no idea why. Is there something I can do about that?

need4realchg likes this.
  2. Wayne Kest

Wayne Kest Fapstronaut

Bruh, I read that wrong at first, but take that as very good thing. That would fill my gratitude tank for all eternity.

3. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Excuse me? I really don't understand what you mean.

4. In Order to accept yourself you need to learn to forgive yourself. Like a good boy that made the bed dirty

5. What do you think when you think of yourself? What is your inner monologue like? What you repeat to yourself over and over in your mind is what you will come to believe is true. Whatever you focus your energy and thoughts on cannot help but grow bigger and stronger.

If your self-talk isn't all that helpful, make a conscious effort to change it. I'd love to hear how its going.

6. You'll believe it when you see proof so prove it

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Wayne Kest

Wayne Kest Fapstronaut

I read the title first, and responded "Just realize that only you will be with you in the end lol, easy", then promptly deleted it. It was at that moment that I realized that was too high to be online.
    Basically, I'm so used to seeing that accepting myself used in a negative way, that i beelined straight into answering the title.

Deleted Account and need4realchg like this.
  8. I also have trouble with it but for me it kind of helps to be a friend to myself, if you know what I mean. So if you feel down about something talk to yourself as if you were talking to a dear friend.

9. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

That will be a really hard thing to do, I wouldn't feel like this if it weren't for me.

I just did this. I literally just said "Just work out and things should fall into place".

I don't consider myself my friend, but I don't hate myself anymore.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Good! Now keep it up. It's going to take a steady stream of positive to change the tide.

11. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

That's the problem, a few days ago I was motivated to do all I wanted but my source of motivation is now gone. It is too easy to bring myself down but I really don't want to return to the seft-pity state.

12. Wayne Kest

Wayne Kest Fapstronaut

Stop sleeping on yourself. You worked on being great, apparently, and it might have been too much growth to keep up with?

13. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I don't think so. It's not like I do anything special.

Kiz Whalifa likes this.
  14. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Self esteem / respect / acceptance is something that's earned.

Sure, you can do some positive mindset stuff, but to really feel it in your core... it has to be earned.

If you do enough things that you're proud of, then you will eventually think better about yourself. Repeat that over a longer period of time and you'll stack enough moments in your life to reinforce the belief that you're someone that deserves respect and acceptance.

15. Freedom_from_PMO

Freedom_from_PMO Fapstronaut

I think that OP already earned respect in eyes of everyone except from himself, that is the problem. In that case positive mindset, maybe counsellor might help, but I agree that achievement is a good idea also. We sometimes need "a rite of passage" to prove our worth to ourselves. It is hard to change our perception of ourselves without changing anything in our lives.

Kiz Whalifa likes this.
  16. Wayne Kest

Wayne Kest Fapstronaut

Outside of NF, how do you track your growth and self development? Motivation lasts only so long. I mean, you got a 204 day streak, which is pretty fucking amazing. Anyone think that you're on steroids yet?

Freedom_from_PMO likes this.
  17. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

You know man, I really like you. You always know what to say. You are right.

Yes, that is the problem. Maybe what I expect myself to achieve is too far from reach or I expect myself to be inmediately good at the things I'd like to do, but everytime I conclude that it is not worth the effort, even when I know it is really worth it.
    I haven't left NoFap because one of the few things I can be "proud" of is my counter, something I achieved by doing nothing. I do not track my progress outside NoFap because I've done zero to no progress outside NoFap. And I am extremely thin and wimpy so I don't think anyone believes I use steroids.

need4realchg likes this.
  18. Freedom_from_PMO

Nothing? Man, this is impressive!

Kiz Whalifa likes this.
  19. Freedom_from_PMO

Maybe you should start working out? Reaching the point when you can advance to harder excercise is very rewarding.

20. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

You can sit all day staring at a wall and you would be doing progress in NoFap. It is easy for me to abstain from things because nothing is easier than not doing something.

Yes, I want to, but I am limited by certain restrictions and I don't want to put effort in something if I am unsure about there will be any progress at all.

need4realchg and Kiz Whalifa like this.