1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Finding my Way in Life and starting Brand new

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

Day 1: (((feeling sad but hopeful)))
    I am starting a thread here where I want to commit to be a man with a string will and spreading my hand asking for god's help. Here I am starting after almost 6.5 years of hatred to the thing I most do, the thing I suffered much from, the thing I feel I am somehow in love with (temporary love just a couple of hrs and that's it) but also the thing I coming here to put an end to. I want to start brand new. With the help of Jesus my lord, my willness and the support of some of you, I believe I could make a record here and stop that stupid habit of mine. May God help all of you suffering till now and myself as well to get our lives back.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Mr. McMarty and Pure Taste like this.
  2. I think if you put it in the hands of jesus and really take it seriously (getting rid of temtation) You can do it. But think about this...there are so many here that never seem to make any progress. Why is that? How will you be different? I wish I could tell you how. I know in my case it seems after a time of struggle the Lord has set me free. It was his timing and not my own. PM me any time. @Tao Jones is also a great leader of this group.

JohnSam likes this.
  3. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

Thanks Mr Mcmarty for your motivating words. I will keep reading them when I get any temptations. I know only with the help of Jesus I could get rid of all of it at once. Need your prayers.

4. Welcome! I will be following your journey with great interest.

The secret to quitting PMO and any other chronic sinful behavior is simple, but it is not easy to do. I bet you already know this part of Scripture: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." It's all about trust. If you trust him completely and give him all of your self (mind, body, and soul), you will find in him a sufficiency for all things. If you commit to the process of recovery 100%, your success is 100% guaranteed! :)

I highly recommend securing an AP or three on this site and checking in with them every day. You will be an encouragement to one another to continue looking to God for help all along the way.

I am praying for you already and cheering you along the path that leads to Life!

Mr. McMarty likes this.
  5. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

@Tao Jones Thanks for your motivating words. I am actually coming this time with much hope but also with much trust in the lord. I believe he is the only way to find my way out of this annoying habit. I believe motivating one another we could make our dreams come true. I also decided to write every daily experience here down for tracking and for those who want to start as well.

Mr. McMarty and Tao Jones like this.
  6. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

On Day 1:
    I got some urges and thoughts of finding my way to some of the P websites, as a way of getting rid of my boredom, or in other words, I didn't get further in the project I am working on, so my mind tells me every some time why don't you check it up. But here and since I want to start new, I came to mention this. I have to pray more and wait to see Gods' hands working in me.

Tao Jones likes this.
  7. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

On Day 1:
    I hate the fact that I am feeling the need for it sometimes. I hate that I don't feel I am seeing and doing things that for sure upset god. I hate I became so careless about him. So I just was in a real strong fight in my mind. Sadly I gave up so I came to mention this as well since I decided to mention everything right here. I am still in day 1 and I got much aroused. Maybe that's because I am home the whole time sitting in front of my computer. So Day 1 ist starting now.

8. Eliminate your access to P. If the computer is a trigger, then get away from it! I left computers and electronics behind for two full years when I started on my recovery. I could not break free from P until I took that big step. It was costly, but worth it. You will need to decide what concrete steps you need to take in order to break free.

9. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

On Day 1:
    @Tao Jones Yeah I know and I have tried that many times but I study engineering and most of the time I am working on my computer. So I find it somehow difficult but I need to start with this. May help me and all of those suffering from that annoying thing and lets us have a new birth from his holy spirit. May God let it be a real start point from now on.

"I can do all things Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Jerky likes this.
  10. I was trapped in addiction for 25 years. I was in IT and never could get away from the computers, and as long as I was at the computer, I could not get away from the P. So I quit IT and became a plumber! :)

There is always a way out of temptation, if you are willing to pay the price. And there is always an excuse as to why you cannot...

Jerky likes this.
  11. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

OMG @Tao Jones, did you really do that?. I could never imagine giving up the life long dream of studying engineering. That's because I love it so much but as a replacement, I could work only in public places like a library or at the university. I have tried that and it actually worked but you know every some time you want to go home and work more comfortably from home. So this would be my real step to ban the computer at home. I have a locker there where I can close my things up and come home free but here comes a new problem, what do you want to do at home when you have no mobile or computer!!!!. It might be boring a bit but have you tried something that keeps you unbored?

12. It took me a long time to come to that conclusion. But when it came right down to it, it was clear that was the step I needed to take. I was away from all electronics for about two years before I felt like I could try again. Now I am back at a computer nearly all day long again, but that lengthy break was the time I needed to let my brain rewire and learn new habits.

Breaking free will be costly, and the longer you have been addicted, the higher the cost will be. It is up to you to decide when you want to pay it. I would recommend not waiting 25 years, like I did. The cost after that amount of time tends to be quite a lot. (Totally worth it, btw! But still hard...)

Mr. McMarty and JohnSam like this.
  13. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

On Day 2:
    I am getting a bit more urges than yesterday and staying home makes me have to not give up and be more committed. I believe with god' help I will get over these urges.

14. Urges come and go. They will get less frequent and less intense in time if you endure through them with no PMO. You cannot always control whether you experience temptation, though, so you must be mentally prepared to deal with it whenever it strikes. I have long practiced the FREEdom process, and I will ink it here if it may be a help to you, too.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zqVL11JjWICOHCRUDmqXr9TNC_gpb6yhRF1hKp-fxcc/edit

I am praying for you and cheering you on today. With God's help, you can do this!

15. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

On Day 2:
    Again I got some urges. I got also a bit along with it and watch some sexy photos but yet not P so thank God He saved me and I came here to write. Day 2 is almost over.

@Tao Jones thanks for your motivating words and trial to help. Thanks also for praying for me. I promise I will try your freedom process. It seems helpful.

16. P-subs (sexy photos and the like) will also arrest your progress. They are as damaging as P to your mind, as they play the same role in it as P does. Next time, come here to write before you look at anything! :)

Great progress. Keep moving ahead, one day at a time. One thought at a time!

17. JohnSam

JohnSam Fapstronaut

Yuhoooo,

I made it to 5 days. Only with help. I get some urges but hope to keep doing well.

Tao Jones likes this.
  18. Great work! Keep it up, one day at a time. :)