1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you fantasize or drift into fantasy? (non-sexual)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by ultrafabber, Jun 19, 2019.

How often do you fantasize or drift into fantasy? (non-sexual)

1. I don't fantasize at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I rarely fantasize, maybe once a couple of weeks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I rarely fantasize, maybe once a couple of days

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I fantasize daily

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. I fantasize multiple times per day

18 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

I'm talking about fantasies where you replay social interactions or where you plan for future social interactions, of fantasies of you actively imagining you're doing something you want or you get something you want, of you imagining a specific (unpleasant/difficult) situation and solving it, of you imagining you have success and so on.

I am interested to know if Maladaptive Daydreaming is common in nofappers (i assume it is common).

2. I suspect that most people fantasize multiple times. Most of us are not enlightened.

FX-05 and Deleted Account like this.
  3. I day dream a lot. And as you stated a lot of my fantasies are non-sexual vs. sexual. Those things in your paragraph are things I fantasize about as well.

How much fantasizing is healthy vs. unhealthy is certainly a matter of debate.

It’s been active imaginations that have driven people to go out and perform what was thought impossible. So we do need to have healthy fantasies, many do come true and are helpful to others and ourselves.

4. I would think that most people do this multiple times a day, or at least daily.

5. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

6. ZubbyLTxkm

ZubbyLTxkm New Fapstronaut

Everyday, almost every time. I am fantasizing even when I'm in school and teacher is explaining something or when having conversation with friends. And because of that, I can't remember anything of what was going on that conversation or something, and it really kills me and I really want to get rid of this bad habit, but I can't control it. Though I am pretty sure it's because of my low testosterone/dopamine levels.

7. I agree with the general opinion here that fantasizing multiple times a day is common.

BUT I still fantasize way too much. It gets in the way of everything; every time I make an attempt at something, I end up lost in my head. My sexual fantasies are embedded in larger story lines, so they're not unrelated and separate things. I often drift from one into the other and vice versa.

The problem I think lies in participating in an alternative reality that leads to neglect of the real world. Fantasy is useful, vital even, but not if it leads to pacing in circles for hours to deal with stress.

I'm fighting this by actively choosing what I do throughout the day, whenever I'm given the mental clarity to.

8. I fantasize daily, but not as much as I did when I was younger. Definitely not a healthy habit in my case. Can be constructive to visualize before action, but when there's no action, it's just an escape from reality that can keep you stuck in an loop.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Rebooter45674

Rebooter45674 Fapstronaut

Depends if I am committed to Hardmode or not.

10. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I will answer your question with only "Yes".

11. I pretty much live there, I got a really vivid imagination so I been using my imagination so may times throughout the day I lost count. It has helped me cope with reality.