1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Catholicism,Calvinism,Reformed Theology & Addiction Debate

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

Feel Good Cool Worship or Hymns and Hard Seats?

1. Feel Good Cool Worship?

25.0%
  2. Hymns and Hard Seats?

50.0%
  3. I don't even care!

25.0%
  1. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

dude Michaelangelo did the job for money, he drew someone mooning another man bc he was angry as part of the sistine chapel project. My point is that an order from your top ruler amongst the catholics asked for a non believer to draw something. That's just a really stupid command by the pope or the pope knew what he was doing bc he did it to deceive you. I don't think the pope was stupid. I think he was a smart man who carried out what he felt like needed to be carried out in his time. And that is the further degeneration of mankind.

2. Ah so you’re one of those people that repeats themselves; good to know. I don’t do that so take care.

3. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

Really I didn't know

4. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

you said it was common sense to drive home your point. i dont think it is. YOu haven't even touched base on the fact that both Christmas and Easter fall dates of the wiccan witch wheel. I'm trying to get an understanding of why the goddess Ishtar is literally the same name as Easter. You are not explaining to me why Christmas falls on winter solstace etc. I'm not hung up on 2=3.

I read the holy scriptures and I believe in them. I do not believe in your religion bc religion is a flat out lie and meant to deceive you brother. Good luck finding your truth.

5. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

There are a lot of things you do not know. But do you. If believing in an offshoot of babylonian mystery teachings help you go about your day then go for it.

6. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

and ps...even the idea of sexual deprivation is a pagan teaching from sybele and her team of eunochs that worshipped her. The Levites in the bible had families, they were the priests...they just could not inherit. They ruled over the tabernacle. This idea of sexual deprivation is not natural and yet the roman catholics have it that the priests are celibate and nuns as well. All nonsense and not a teaching of the scriptures. These are rather mystery school teachings.

Why would the Most High say certain man cannot have sex? lol. That was never said.

7. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

8. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

I was being sarcastic its quite obvious he was paid

9. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

lol in that depiction he has the ram horns on one of those links. This guy Taylor Marshall doesn't know what he is talking about. 3 days after the solstace is when the suns pattern is noticed.

One thing I respect is how he brings up the Saturnalia, that's the planet and deity this society venerates.

10. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

Rams horns?
    I really have no idea what your talking about I do agree that this society has become pagan and turned there backs from God the devil has more influence on us now more than he has ever had

11. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

the horned god, the mother goddess and their son is the coming togther of the male and female or rather baphomet as it's called in this society.

It really is worshipped in the entertainment industry. the catholic church is an offshoot of all this as well.

12. _Catholic_

_Catholic_ Fapstronaut

You can believe what you want to believe I gave you my evidence and you can choose to believe it or not

13. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

3 “You shall have no other gods before me.
    4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
    5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,
    6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Exodus 20:3-6

be careful out there. We did discuss viewing images made by men of themselves (Michaelangelo)

14. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Wow. Lots of Catholic bashing (and gay bashing) going on in this thread. Edit: LOOOOOOOL this guy is totally off his rocker! Rams horns? WHAT?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  15. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Bashing? @jarvyjarvison Insert quotes and explain.

The clarion cry of discrimination as a nuclear option is not acceptable in a formal or informal debating and discussion context. Cite, explain, and engage. Elsewise: erstwhile troll.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Hm, gee, I dunno. How bout claiming that Catholicism is a false religion that celebrates pagan holidays? Sounds pretty anti-Catholic to me. Dunno bout you guys...

17. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Oh and how bout this: "the pope hired a gay guy to paint the Sistine chapel, therefore Catholicism is false." YEAH. THAT MAKES SENSE.

18. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    That wasn't a quote. Sure, that wasn't a popular opinion. But, it was just an opinion. No one else seemed to take flame-ready offense over it.

Both nuclear claims remain unfounded.

19. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

I don't need to do what you tell me to do. I paraphrased.

20. vxlccm

vxlccm Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Unfortunately accurate as you may deem it to be, the Roman Catholic Church has very clearly upheld doctrine that homosexuality is a sin. As with nearly all churches on earth, today as historically.

Most others are jumping in to just state opinions rather than engage on points. That's cool. Just not as fun for the rest of us :p

The purpose of the thread as outlined and participated in thus far was to compare perspectives despite differences in religious views. And, as an aside, on some political governance views, as well.

Being here on NoFap, we do not demean others for their perspectives. That includes everything mentioned in the community information page. Even if they want to fight tendencies like SSA or HOCD, or if they're fighting for trans awareness, or many other things like losing religion or finding God. No one is telling you what to do bossy style - just informing about what would be polite (and required, to be credible) before shouting fire or discrimination.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019