1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you believe in ghosts

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Ankur Sharma, Mar 30, 2015.

1. I had never seen a ghost, nor had any such kind of experience when I felt that someone is present or something strange happening, but anybody had seen any spirit or had any such experience.

Is there anything out there like spirits. Currently I am searching google how to call them, and I am not afraid even if it will kill me, my life is already very much destroyed

Samilo likes this.
  2. Samilo

Samilo Fapstronaut

Yeah, I believe there are things our eyes can't see but are actually there. Look at cat's, I swear half the time they can see/sense entities when they start acting wierd, or maybe there just strange lol.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  3. Samilo

Samilo Fapstronaut

I did something called "Astral projection" by mistake during sleep one night, and I was floating at the ceiling looking down at my body and I could see figures in the background who were definitely not there before. Alot of people pass it off as just being a vivid dreams of the mind, but I believe we can leave are bodies. Also, you should be careful... as a rule you will attract what you feel, so I don't recommend it if your not coming from a happy place.

4. in our ancestor's house there is a gate which we used to close in the evening, it is remained close till the morning. people had experienced something, even seen something.

Since two years i am having ghost dreams which ends with me screaming and waking up in the middle of the night. each and every dream was that of I was there in that part of the house. last dream was around one month back. but never seen anything in reality. also i don't have the dare to go there in the middle of the night and open that gate and go inside in search of something. I know that dream will again come one day, the time had came, maybe tonight who knows?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  5. I absolutely do. I'm Catholic, I believe Satan exists, I believe Evil is real, and I absolutely refuse to fuck with things like Ouija boards. My grandma is kind of a medium. She feels the presence of dead people and she has mind powers and stuff like that and that terrifies me. I think I have this too. I can feel things on an emotional level that may be accentuated by my personality disorders but it's not normal. Whenever I indulge in searching stuff about paranormal activities, I can't sleep for two days. It's too real. My grandma told me not two weeks ago this story of how her brother in law who died last year was visiting his wife and didn't let her in peace until she prayd for him... He was a DIE-HARD atheist... I believe in these sort of things.

Please be very careful Ankur, especially if you believe they exist. Deads are supposed to be dead, and I don't believe that spirits, who precisely have something happened to them that prevents them to be totally dead, to be totally in peace, are always friendly. Spirits are extremely serious and being killed by them and living an eternity in hell or whatever you call it doesn't seem appealing to me. There's always a better choice. Are you religious?

Ankur Sharma likes this.
  6. yes I am religious, and i do believe that there is something. i don't know what are they and what is the difference between ghosts and spirits.

7. If you're religious, I'd HIGHLY suggest you to pray your god(s) and ask for help for your despair and strength so you don't indulge in wanting to contact higher evil powers.

For me spirits and ghosts are the same, it's people whose for some reasons that can be very diverse didn't quite transitioned well between life and death. It's not supposed to be this way and they shouldn't exist and all they want is imo to pass to the other side and to be honest I feel uncomfortable talking about it because I really really do not believe that there's anything good that can come from them and I'm very super terrified of it.

Just my two cents. Do what you want I'm not your mom. But I care about you as a friend and I would sure be sad if bad things happen to you.

Ankur Sharma likes this.
  8. thank you Anne. Nothing could ever happen to us because the grace of God is always protecting us. hanumanji2.png

9. they are so cute, I love them and also I love when they say meow.

10. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

I do believe in ghosts and entities... you don't want to be calling to these things.
    Are they big influences on peoples lives? Eh... more annoyances then anything.
    They aren't powerful if you have to call on them. It's better to intend to talk to helpful beings.
    I'm not someone who has a lot of faith either.
    I try to stick to scientific process, but I've had experiences that do not line up with our current understanding of reality and so yes I do believe in ghosts.
    With those experiences I have to ask "am I crazy?" or "is this real?" I'm not that crazy :p Not crazy enough to hallucinate the things I felt sober.

Samilo and Ankur Sharma like this.
  11. thanks for sharing

12. Samilo

Samilo Fapstronaut

Ankur, when you wake up screaming are you sometimes unable to move? and you feel that there's like some kind of dark presence lurking around? I use to have this. I found out it was because of sleep paralysis... I beleive if your getting this you need to find a way to be a happier person, I beleive we attract people and spirits into our life that match our state of being. "The Law of attraction" as it were.

13. Samilo

Samilo Fapstronaut

Ouja boards are definitely a no go. My mum did one before and she said a glass got thrown across the room. And she's not really religious at all and doesn't beleive in spirits. I will always stay away from them lol.

14. I HATE the romanticization (is that a word?) of it. Seen so many cute edits on tumblr using the Ouija imagery and so many of my favs have used it in the past and stuff... It makes me extremely uncomfortable. One of the things that makes us inherently human is that nobody has no idea of what's on the other side and I refuse to take the risk.

PS sorry this has nothing to do with this thread but do you know who's the artist that made your avatar? Luv it

15. Samilo

Samilo Fapstronaut

I keep spamming post's but I'll leave you all with what I simply think is the most important thing to remember. As long as your in a positive "Vibration/Mood" you naturally won't attract anything bad towards you whether your trying to contact spirits or not, unless your a fearful person negative spirits/problems won't reach you, this is what I beleive. I know this from meditation & because of sleep paralysis I use to suffer from. Since I changed myself to be more positive, I've been fine since and haven't had any bad experiences.

16. Samilo

Samilo Fapstronaut

I've heard bad things about Ouija boards and that's why I won't use them. But I think if your curious about the other side it's not a problem. You just need to be safe and wise in what reasons your doing it for. Some people naturally have these abilities to communicate with dead people. Although, a lot of these people are con's and give them a bad name.

17. Well of course I do am very curious about the other side, again I'm Catholic after all, and as I said I believe I have some capacities to connect with "the other world", that's why I think it's better to be extremely careful. In my experience, other than praying for my deceased grandma - which resulted in me succeeding at NoFap, there's no good that can comes from it. There's a difference between dead people and ghosts/spirits. A huge one.

18. Samilo

Samilo Fapstronaut

The way I see it is we're all spirits, but when we are considered "alive" we are just one's that are currently inhabiting human bodies. When we die I think we're all going to have to deal with spirits, so best not to fear them or you'll attract the negative one's. I'm not religious but I believe heaven all comes from a state of mind. If you pass on with a lot of fear and doubts your more likely to attract that in your next life or in the spiritual places. Still, your right to be careful. Just make sure your coming from a positive place. :)

19. Samilo

Samilo Fapstronaut

If you plan on contacting them. You understand what I mean, I feel like i'm being far out tonight :p

20. I think it's the most important discussion humans can have and I'm currently too depressed to fully be able to answer you, and also unfortunately haha the only thing I can answer you is the Catholic teachings. I don't fear spirits, I fear Evil, though. Which means that I love Good. Basic but true. God is love, love is God, etc etc etc. Sorry I'm just not able to continue this discussion now but I'm extremely fascinated by it.