1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Love the new interface.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by headon.collision, Mar 29, 2015.

1. headon.collision

headon.collision Fapstronaut

Just signed in and found out that nofap is finally online and was blown away by the new interface and updates, the previous one was really good but this one is soooooo good and easy, user friendly.
    So just wanted to say thank u nofap team for ur effort to helping us recover easier and more pleasantly with this eye candy new website and butter smooth experience ^_^

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. headon.collision

Also the mobile version is now way more interactive and detailed, now it's just easier to use the webpage from my phone.

3. DireWolf

DireWolf Fapstronaut

it looks good but it confuses me not knowing what threads have new posts in them

4. IGY

IGY Guest

Click on Members and then click on Recent Activity.

5. @DireWolf at the top under the XenForo banner there's a Forum tab, in this tab there's Mark Forums Read, Search Forum, Watched Forums, Watched Threads and New Posts, which is the equivalent of the old Activity thing if that's what you're looking for!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  6. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

The orange in some navigation controls doesn't go well with the blue.
    So far i like the old, less fancy one better, but still have to get used to it.

7. michgem0707

michgem0707 Fapstronaut

It is a lot better forum like this. Great work.

8. anonymouse80

anonymouse80 Fapstronaut

Very nice rework. My thanks to the administrators for keeping the website running and maintaining it. It's an incredibly useful service to us all.

9. FutureGuitarGod

FutureGuitarGod Banned by User Request

The only thing I really care about is whether or not it is an option for a user to delete theit profile.

10. I completely agree! This is only stock and already this is a much more pleasant experience. Things are going to get even better as I start investing time into customizing it - both the UI and features.

That was not a feature of vBulletin, and isn't a feature of xenForo. You can take that up with the respective forum publisher companies.

But I am planning on implementing a custom solution to allowing users to self-delete automatedly, probably in a week or so. For now you can always delete your posts and not log in ever again. For further assistance, you can report a post and one of the moderators will try to help you with your request, including account removals.

I have this trouble too, a bit. Will be working to improve the UI to make this more apparent.

headon.collision likes this.
  11. headon.collision

thanks guys, your making it even more pleasurable to spend more time here, I was finally able to beat by best score of 27 days and I`m now doing incremental goals, I gave up all erotic material and making sure not to view anything that could disturb my healing, zero tolerance policy, including movies that have the slightest scenes. I`m starting to transform into a new person who actually ENJOY OTHER PEOPLES COMPANY!!! and my reward system is shifting toward real life achievements and life events, such as today I was or more accurately we were applauded for a small work we did in our master program in which I had a huge part of, where the head of the dept was very pleased with our work!
    I`m saying this story cuz I got a really good feeling out of this experience, I felt I accomplished something, it might not be a big deal but I got a huge rush out of it!! and so for the 1st time I`m actually experiencing how normal people feel when they accomplished something. and no wonder they achieve even more, cuz thats how I feel right now! achieving even more!. once u get used to this rush u realize that M/P/O is the dumbest thing u`ve ever done in ur life, and it`s dopamine cocaine shots doesn`t even compare to real life achievements, cuz anything u do in real life is REAL! can never be forgotten and will always be credited for it and say it or show it to other people and be proud of urself always!
    Nofap was a huge part of this and I wish u guys who created it the best in life, and recovery for all the struggling worriers here ^_^

12. FutureGuitarGod

FutureGuitarGod Banned by User Request

Honestly, I think some of the new features may be very helpful. The Facebook-like status stream could help people connect more. I was frustrated by the fact that my journal posts were largely unread and not one person commented on them. (I swear to Bob I'm not a narcissist!) Then again, I did say some nasty things on other topics, so I probably deserved it.

Anyway, I like it. Also, I've thought about it, and decided that it's not worth the trouble to delete my profile. I failed to quit PMO because I never truly accepted the obvious fact that I was an addict. I watched the TED Talk video that frequently pops up in conversations on here, and it humbled me.

13. headon.collision

Yup we are recovering addicts with a free drug that is getting easier to have access to by the day with faster Internet and better Internet enabled devices.
    Imo deleting ur account in nofap is like deleting one ur achievement, if one was able to overcome this, ur success story and posts should serve as an encouragement to others, so u'll be helping then without even knowing. Another good thing is whenever u feel down in life u can sign in and see ur counter, seeing the 3 digit number of days of fighting and living a better life will sure serve as a boost in hard times.

14. Buzzltyr

Buzzltyr Fapstronaut

Yes. The new interface is cool. In fact I find that the earlier vBulletin version itself was a bit of a trigger for me, since some of the boards I frequented in my quest for new P material were based off that software! I did not think it could make such a difference, but strange is the addicted brain!

15. anonymouse80

anonymouse80 Fapstronaut

There used to be a "Groups" system on the old board. Does something similar to that exist with the new software? If so, I'd appreciate a link to it. I can't seem to find it .