1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social media timer

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by N0thing, Jul 1, 2019.

1. N0thing

N0thing Fapstronaut

Can anyone recommend a social media timer app that actually works?
    Would be appreciated :)

2. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

screentime for ios. or just delete them, you are better off spending no time on them.

Yep u do likes this.
  3. Just delete it, its the best thing to do i think

safa61947 likes this.
  4. N0thing

N0thing Fapstronaut

Guys I'm not asking your opinion on social media. I have a business, it needs a page, and I need an app to limit my time there. Simple.

5. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

If you want to deal with it specifically for the business application then I'd imagine you want to plan for checking it X number of times a day as a reasonable standard, and maybe decide how much time to spend max. Maybe you'd want to answer questions/respond to all potential clients on your page and maybe that will go over the estimated time sometimes, but then it's up to you to not end up doing non-business related stuff, and I don't know if any app is sophisticated enough to make that distinction - though potentially a feature would be to limit your activity to your page only.

Will you come back and report your experience for other people in the community? I'm sure the next step is to just try some.

6. N0thing

N0thing Fapstronaut

Yeah time management is crucial. The problem with social media is that it's reeeeally addictive and quickly changes your brain to zombie mode. If I wouldn't be trying to build a brand, I wouldn't be on most platforms. I still haven't found an app that does the job, but will post for sure If I do.

7. It may sounds stupid, but put an alarm clock every day. For example if you begin using it around 1pm , put a reminder at 3pm for everyday

N0thing likes this.
  8. Sub_Par

Sub_Par New Fapstronaut

Stay Focused on the Google Play store has a lot of different ways to limit usage. You can specify apps and determine if you want to limit how many times you open the app, when you open the app, or for how long you can keep the app open. I just started using it, but so far it's been good.

N0thing likes this.
  9. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Just my two cents, but I'm not sure how can it be a business if your priority is unclear. What's your priority? The business or seeing what your female customers are posting?

I don't think a timer will work, because it will be easy to say "ah, but I didn't finish my social media things!" and so you'll do a snooze on the alarm, 10 more minutes. I tend to think your priority is social media, not the business.

I have some alternatives:
    - schedule to do something without the computer and rather critical after checking social media, say do some paperwork or go for stories outside the house (I really don't know your business, so it's down to you to be creative here)
    - schedule with your gf / wife to go for a walk after dealing with the social media and let her kick you when you're not on time
    - if nothing works, delegate the task to someone else, provide a set of structuring rules for the work and let them handle their time

N0thing likes this.
  10. badbanana

badbanana Fapstronaut

My wife had the same problem after we bought our restaurant. Constantly sifting through comments and resolving problems. Now we pay a company that specializes in managing social media accounts to manage all our business accounts. We were nervous at first but it is totally worth it. They reply to every single comment good or bad in a respectful manner. You should seriously look into it.

N0thing likes this.
  11. N0thing

N0thing Fapstronaut

Well I do think timing it will give you some insight on how much time you really spent there, but probably won't stop you in the long run. The screen recording is a good tip though, thanks.

12. N0thing

N0thing Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tip, will check it out.

13. N0thing

N0thing Fapstronaut

That would be a dream. I don't really have the budget for it at the moment. I have been trying to get my co workers more involved though.