1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Boxing and nofap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by AlphaAlone, Jul 12, 2019.

1. AlphaAlone

AlphaAlone Fapstronaut

Some of you guys are doing both ?

I started boxing last year and will keep going when the training start again in september, I wonder how nofap could affect training.

More energy ? More aggressivity ? Nothing ?

Share your experiences if you want.

2. Varg

Varg Fapstronaut

For sure it will boost your confidence level. I think it will make your more calm in stressful situation and make you more fit. For sure more energy, even when I'm tired after a training feel energetic again. Aggression ? I think you will learn how to control yourself more. You fight in the cage with demanding opponents, you don't need to prove yourself that you can win with a drunk guy on the street.

3. Downy

Downy Fapstronaut

It will definitely give you more energy and stamina after 6+ days of NoFap. I dont do boxing but im a fitness guy who runs and gyms 5-6 times a week. You will feel you have power and will wonder where did all this extra power came from?

4. AlphaAlone

AlphaAlone Fapstronaut

@Varg

What I mean by "agression" it's if I would be more in the never back down spirit,Y'know when you are out of energy and somehow manage to keep going and do your best ? Mental will I guess.

5. Downy

Downy Fapstronaut

It does mentally improve you in my opinion. But i can only speak for going for long 5km+ runs and lifting pb in the gym. You have that dobt give up spirit in those areas for me

6. Varg

Varg Fapstronaut

This is just an adrenaline, that's why you have an energy from nowhere. For sure you will feel more mentally confident.

7. AlphaAlone

AlphaAlone Fapstronaut

@Varg Yeah I know about adrenaline what I lack his the fighting spirit when I am really tired, with mental power you can have a even more stronger fighting will than usual, and last longer obviously. If Nofap help me with that it's a great point.

@Downy About that I started running (2Km for now) and doing various kind of push up and burpees . Do you think running 3 times 2km at week till september it's a good cardio workout ?

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Boxing is cool. I wish I could learn to beat up people.

9. Downy

Downy Fapstronaut

Its hard to say as although i have had boxing mates I have no direct boxing experience other than pumching a boxing bag from time to time.

Running 2km x 3 days is fine for cardio but like weight lifting your body will adapt and plateo and your cardio fitness levels won't increase that much after a few months of doing this. After 3 or so months i would look at doing repeated efforts like 5x 800m sprints in one session over 45 minutes with perhaps 5 minutes recovery between each 800m run. Not knowing your fitness level the recovery time may need to be less to perhaps only 3 minutes recovery once you become fitter. Also 10x 400m sprints is also a good one to do. Perhaps do 2 days of 2km runs with 1 of the days being a 400m or 800m repeated sprints session.

Be careful not to over do it as shin splints will annoy your boxing progress.