1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relapsing causing high pitch voice?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by doctor_warren, Jan 13, 2015.

1. good nickname

good nickname Fapstronaut

I went to singing school for 9 years, so I am very conscious of my vocal cords. I sang the "2nd bass" range in choire. I notice clearly when my range has changed since I objectively can't go down to measurable frequencies (notes). It is all related to throat tension, which has several causes.

After starting to exercise and strengthening my upper back, the neck and spine is more straight and the head rests on the spine, as supposed to, and not on the throat structure which were causing it to tense up.

Also, emotional stress and all that stuff can cause the throat to tense. That improves from a calmer mind and confidence too.

To sing a high pitch note, the vocal cords tense. The higher note the more tension. If your vocal cords cant relax fully, your voice won't be naturally deep.

You also can not take deep notes if the air flow is too weak. So you need to naturally breathe with your diaphragm, (stomach in and out).

Another interesting area is resonance, some people (including me) have a bit nasal voice. This comes from tension in the head (connected to the throat tension but higher up around nasal and sinus cavities). Solved by meditation and calm mind mostly.

TL:DR:
    To man up the voice:
    Improve core and back musculature, improve confidence to straighten the neck enabling the throat to relax.
    Meditate to relax all related tissues, and breathe correctly to reach your natural depth.

I think NoFap correlates to lower voice by the above mechanisms.

Looking forward to hearing additional comments and tips ans tricks. There are good vocal coaching videos on youtube. Charisma Matrix is one that discusses this.

mirx88 likes this.
  2. mirx88

mirx88 Fapstronaut

Wow great explaination! I know there is a reltion but never understood it.. how do you know all this?

3. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

It definitely changes your voice. When I am feeling more confident (sometimes from being on a long streak) it feels as if I am speaking from my throat. My voice sounds a lot deeper and I pronounce words more clearly. When I am feeling anxious, unhappy or whatever I feel as if I am speaking from my mouth and I sound like a bit of a faggot. It has nothing to do with puberty or t levels (maybe slightly) or helium. It is just speaking from a different part of your body.

4. good nickname

good nickname Fapstronaut

Thank you! It is just my conclusion from observing the differences in my voice for a long time under shifting circumstances.