1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall of modern men

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 9, 2019.

1. LaFlame92100

LaFlame92100 Fapstronaut

I agree with that, but i dont get why fashion plays into this, you can dress nice and still be in self control, some ppl may judge you different , but if someone cares at all times about how other ppl think about them, it is the opposite of being in self control. Or am i wrong about this?

2. Despicable me

Despicable me Fapstronaut

Yes, men are softer nowdays. Its the wellbeing society, that makes us soft. I've gone soft too in some ways, comparing to my younger days, and when I moved from 2-nd world country to 1-st worl country. "Softness" in my opinion is cowardliness, avoiding confrontation, avoiding responsibility, submissivness, not being willing, or avoiding hard work and suffering. Allso not a good thing in so called "strong" men are arrogance, putting people down, overflowing agressivness, lack of compassion and understanding, not being able to admit that I was wrong etc. There are lots of things on both sides. Balance is the key.
    Values, honesty, taking responsibility for your actions, standing for yourself and for your beliefs, compassion, taking care of yourself and others around you etc. These Good traits that are fawored in both sides.
    All mentioned above goes for both sexes. Difference is biological, and the responsibility and tasks that comes with that. Women give birth and raise the child when infant. At that time men go to work to provide for the family. Men are obligated to protect theirselves and their family. Women must support men while they do it, mentaly and physicaly. Each have their role.
    Nowdays I see a shift in these roles. Women want to be more like men and men want to be more like woman. All the pay cap and privileges talk, who has more and whose life is easier etc.
    Life is hard for everyone, no matter the sex. Both sides have their plusses and minuses. Main thing is that we need to support each other and do our part. Either man or woman isnt happy when trying to play others role.
    As a man and how Ive been rised I see that men have failed. We as men need to stand for our values and demand it from others too. Thats on us. Allso the Bible talks about it.
    Lets take cheating nowdays for example. If your girlfriend is willing to cheat on you with me and I allow that to happen, thats on me. I gave up my morals, and for what? Cheating woman. In that act I show her that its ok and acceptable to do this to your man, that we as men tolerate this.
    And we do it for one brief moment of gratification, and suffer the consequences for a long time and in massive scale. And worst thing is that we leave this effed up world to our children. Its a down spiral. Men bail on women, boys are rised by single moms, and theres no man for that boy to teach and show him how to be a man and act line one. How can you blame him, if no one havent showed him how to be a man. The only thing him to learn that is youtube and girly, attention seeking boys and young men. So thats what you get.
    We as men who still have it, need to take charge and stand for our beliefs and demand it from other man too, if no one havent teached them or they have lost it and gone soft.
    Long story short: Yes, large proportion of men have gone soft and its our own fault.

3. Despicable me

Ps! Accepting your weaknesses and dealing with them is allso a big part. Thats why we are here, and we support and teach eachother, showing our compassion and understanding towards eachother, calling out BS if we see it. Thats why I love this Nofap community. Thats why we all love it.

4. Nope we were talking about men who are way too much invested in their looks.Like a woman.You can be fashionable,dont go over board.

LaFlame92100 likes this.
  5. LaFlame92100

LaFlame92100 Fapstronaut

Wow, you really hit the nail on the head.

Espialls the point about our wellbeing is very important, beacuse many ppl nowadays always choose the easy way with everything, nobody wants to step out of their comfort zone, also a big problem is that family , atleast in first world countrys , has not a great impact on kids anymore, kids now grow up idolizing social media, and when they will be adults in a few years, we will see these problems reach even greater dimensions, i think school should be completly set up differently , because we are shaped by how we grew up, we need to teach confidence and just things about life, who gets prepared for life by sitting 6 hours in a chair , listening to a teacher talking about things most ppl dont need ever in their life

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Despicable me

7. Despicable me

A must read for everyone.

8. How you gonna be soft and stand up for people who are being victimized?
    How you gonna be soft and stand up for what is right?
    How can you be soft and stand up for yourself?

If you need a safe space every time things get rough, discouraging or challenging in any way you are absolutely no use to your family, yourself or society and this actually goes for men and women.

9. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

From my own personal experience, I have noticed that the people who partake in the hookup culture the most are the ones least satisfied with their lives (especially the Women who are more sensitive beings than men). They tend to often have troubles with one or more of the following:
    -Poor relationships with their partners and social circles (lots of fake friends)
    -Problems with cheating and infidelity
    -Venereal diseases (STDs)
    -Daddy and/or mommy issues
    -Having few goals, directions and cornerstones in their lives. They only live for the moment.
    -Drug, Alcohol and substance abuse.
    -Poor health due to this unhealthy lifestyle.
    -Suffering from depression and several mental issues/disorders.
    -Weak core values and life perspectives (they don't know what actually matters in life).

And the list goes on and on. So don't feel weird, strange or inferior for saving yourself until marriage.

10. “Here I am sending you out like sheep with wolves all round you; so be as wise as serpents and yet as harmless as doves. But be on your guard against men." Matthew 10:16 I agree with this 100%. A man should be shrewd, intelligent, dangerous with the capacity for violence if necessary but he should be humble, self controlled and peaceful.