1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

pharmacuetical companies making up "disorders"

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Thanatos, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

Just my opinion, and I'm not saying that these "disorders" don't exist, but what I am saying is that there is nothing wrong with them. Like ADD or ADHD, it's not the childs fault that their brain functions differently and that they are better off learning in a different way.
    Also age induced erectile disfunction is BS, in that they think of it as something to treat, not talking about PIED, because that is in young men and old men, but age induced erectile dysfunction.
    Perhaps I'll view it differently when I'm older. but I feel like once you get ED just go with it, don't take a drug.
    Or hypoactive sexual desire disorder in women.
    I'm sick of the way that society just goes with this shit, because pharmaceutical companies have a pill that does something and they want to sell it.

2. FutureGuitarGod

FutureGuitarGod Banned by User Request

I disagree. Drugs for ADHD were created as a means to treat the symptoms, not the other way around. Sure, ADHD has a lot of controversy, but simply downplaying it is just as bad as saying it doesn't exist.

Age-related Erectile Dysfunction is equally misunderstood. Did you know that two thirds of impotent males are smokers? The other third is mostly composed of overweight men with poor diets and sedentary lifestyles. Try sitting these men down and telling them that the best way to treat this problem is to change their lifestyle. Only a fraction of them would take that advice to heart and get to work on changing their diet, exercising, and quitting smoking. The others wouldn't even bother changing anything because they are set in their ways. Since there is an option that requires little to no effort (pills), they would rather choose the option that would be easiest and require minimal effort.

3. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

It's called ugly wife syndrome. Why lose weight when you can just drug your husband to make him like you again?

4. FutureGuitarGod

FutureGuitarGod Banned by User Request

Honestly, I can't see how married couples can manage to have sex well into old age - with or without drugs. Sure, I've seen some very attractive older people who seem to have this youthful vibe about them, but a great many seem to let themselves go at some point. It makes you question the choices you make you make in the present.