1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Monogamy In Same-sex Relationships...Is It Possible?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by jazzphanatic, Apr 1, 2015.

1. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Hello Everyone!

I'm currently in the process of abstaining from sex with multiple partners, and instead focusing on being intimate with just one person. I realize that this is not an issue just for same-sex relationships, but also for heterosexual relationships. Any advice on how to pursue a monogamous relationship successfully?

2. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

Blinders.
    See something you like? Look away immediately.

Re-direction.
    Feeling randy? Take it out on your partner, every time.

Time cements habits.
    They say it takes seven years for your dreams to your reflect current reality.
    Forgive yourself for moments of internal distraction. Don't speak of them or make a big deal of them, however.

jazzphanatic, Monster Carrot and M L like this.
  3. Limeaid

Limeaid Guest

Don't believe the hype that it is hard.
    Don't believe the hype that we are wired differently to seek variety.
    Don't believe the hype that the grass is greener elsewhere.

Monogamous relationships survive because of maturity and choice. Everyday you can choose to be with one person or several. Being with one person will create a deeper connection. A place you can't find or get to with several people.

4. jbastoniv

jbastoniv Fapstronaut

Look at all of the ills of promiscuity! Disease, jealousy, emptiness, sex without love, lack of intimacy, lack of trust, lack of companionship, lack of a deep friendship, etc... We have evolved beyond being animals, we have the ability to reason and the will to make decisions. Make the right ones. If you always follow your passions and desires you will follow a life of hell! If you always follow a rational mind without emotion you will follow a life of hell. It is all about balance. But once you find your soul-mate and best friend, that is where you put all of your efforts into it, all in! You work towards becoming one, one flesh and one soul joined together through sex on the physical and love on the spiritual. If you have this then monogamy is natural, if you do not, then it is not attainable. Bottom line, it is all about trust and most importantly love!

jazzphanatic, Papa_Chief and e5s like this.
  5. FutureGuitarGod

FutureGuitarGod Banned by User Request

It's all about trust and accepting the fact that no one is perfect. That, and relationships require a lot of time and effort to maintain. I take infidelity as a sign of immaturity and selfishness. If you're not in it for the long haul, then think of the other person's feelings and break it off. Don't be a dick and hurt them, because that could potentially affect how they approach relationships down the road.

Same-sex marriages are relatively new, and same-sex relationships have not been studied in a clinical format, but there are similarities to conventional relationships as well as obvious differences. I think that monogamy is possible no matter the pairing.

jazzphanatic likes this.
  6. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Gentlemen, I appreciate all of the feedback that you all have given. It is very helpful to hear. Good luck to us all!