1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Eaglevision_2019

Eaglevision_2019 Fapstronaut

Guys do you ever get this sad hopeless feeling from nowhere during a reboot? Can't concentrate, do want to do anything. It is a sinking feeling. Ways to go through this? Your suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

2. zombieslayer

zombieslayer Fapstronaut

Your situation is what it is, you've got to dig deeper. Action solves most problems related to that feeling, IMO.

What is it that you WANT to do?
    What are you scared of?

Eaglevision_2019 likes this.
  3. THE TIGER

THE TIGER Fapstronaut

Its the third phase of pmo addiction...and its name is depression, if you need more explanation, i have an article which explains it a bit.

4. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

What I've found is that most PMO addicts gravitate towards PMO-use supposedly to "fix" negative emotions, though in reality, nothing is ever really solved. At best, you've temporarily numbed the pain and pushed off all of those emotions.
    What this means is that once you've started rebooting, all of those negative emotions come flooding back. Now you have to learn to properly deal with your emotions. One way is to go to therapy or see a psychologist. Personally, I either talk it out with friends or family, or go take a 20-30 minute walk, without listening to anything, and just let the emotions sink in.
    Another way is to sit down and write everything you're feeling. This really helps in organizing your thoughts.

Fenix Rising, Alex1993 and kammaSati like this.
  5. Eaglevision_2019

Thank you for such a helpful tip.I agree that PMO has numbed so many emotions and when they burst out, it happens in the form of depression. I'll try to stay strong and face realities instead of covering them up

6. Eaglevision_2019

I would be happy to read the article. Thanks

7. THE TIGER

THE TIGER Fapstronaut

8. Eaglevision_2019

Thanks for the response and your thoughts. I however feel that it has a lot to do with PMOing for not less than 13 years. Having been actively trying to Nofap for the past 3 months (with relapses in between those months), I feel that I am undergoing withdrawal symptoms which I feel are responsible for these sudden mood swings.

9. Eaglevision_2019

Hi Tiger, I appreciate your contribution. You are right, I haven't felt such level of depression for my entire life like this years. I started Nofap last year December (I've had relapses here and there), but I discovered nofap on May. Sometimes, I get this painful, sad feeling, almost physical pain that I cant shake off and cannot explain its cause. It has been a moment that I feel as if life just stood. Aimless, demotivated, bored with everything and heavy fog that I can think straight or be aware of my present environment. Its been like a dream. Thank God for this forum, I am slowly constructing my thoughts and beginning to get in touch with my feelings and what I am going through. I mean, it was that bad that I couldn't even understand or describe what I was going through. My mind was too tired to think, too exhausted to construct my thoughts around what I was experiencing, and too feeble to take action. I was fucking dead to myself. But here I am today, thanks to nofap and the many contributions of all you guys. I started swimming, taking walks, cold showers,and soon joining dance classes. No doubt, a combination of nofap and self-improvement is turning my life around. Once again thanks for your comments. Cheers!

THE TIGER likes this.
  10. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

I get this feeling, not on reboot and always, so yeash, some people are more prone to depression.