1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Workout Routine

A community dedicated to nutrition, fitness, and overall health on a reboot.

1. Mike28

Mike28 Fapstronaut

Hey guys,
    I was wondering what type of gym routine everybody uses. Maybe we can learn from each other.
    So i'm on a 5-6 day per week routine:
    Monday: upper body
    Tuesdsy: legs
    Wednesday: shoulders
    Thursday: pull (back, biceps)
    Friday: push (triceps, shoulders, chedt)
    Saturday: legs (if i find time)

I do not do any cardio at the gym at all because i ride my bike every day for at least 30-60min.

Anything you guys would like to share?

2. Nice! I've tried the workout splits before but they didn't work out so well for me. So, I'm back to basics with a full body 3 days a week, getting cardio in between weight days, it amounts to 3 weight days and 2 cardio days. I sit at a desk all day (IT) so the 5 days really help de-stress and get my hart rate up to a point where I can increase muscle and cardiovascular endurance simultaneously. Although I'm about 238 lbs and 6'3 so the cardio days suck for me haha

Baldur likes this.
  3. golyadkin

golyadkin Fapstronaut

I'm doing the Candito's Linear Program. Workouts are split in upper body and lower body days and control and strength days:

Mon (strenght lower body)
    Tue (strenght upper body)
    wed - rest day
    Thu (control lower body)
    Fri (control upper body)
    weekend - rest

Candito did a very solid program for strenght. Recommended for everyone who want to build a very solid base for more advanced powerlifting programs.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    Shoto Jaya likes this.
  4. I'm switching my program actually to a four day split.

Monday: Upper and Cardio
    Tuesday: Lower
    Wednesday: Active Rest (Cardio, core, and intense stretching)
    Thursday: Lower
    Friday: Upper and Cardio
    Saturday and Sunday: Rest.

I know my split is kinda weird cause my lower days are closer, but I do it so I don't run on a lower day. I tried that for a couple weeks, and it was just horrid. So this way, it gives my body a bit of recovery between running and lifting.

Lonewolf9 likes this.
  5. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Decided to start a 5 day split because my 3 day split made my feel like a chickenshit. I used to train every day in high school and really enjoyed it.
    Here it is
    Mon: Pull
    Tues: Push
    Wed: Pull
    Thurs: Push
    Fri: pull
    sat and sun are off
    I need to get a rubber stall mat so I can start doing deadlifts again, had a hernia scare a while back that made me focus more on upper body volume training.

Exercise selections is
    1. OHP
    2. 30 degree Incline bench
    3. Bent over rows
    4. Pull ups
    5. Push ups
    6. Dumbell Shrugs
    7. EZ bar Curls

mnpker likes this.
  6. Vlox

Vlox New Fapstronaut

If you want information about anything I would look at Athlean-X on YouTube. He has saved my life in terms of form and stretching. He is the best there is for advice and it's all free.