1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Training Result's and Masturbation?

A community dedicated to nutrition, fitness, and overall health on a reboot.

1. Hey everybody.

I have been training+weight lifting for some time ever since late summer. I got a membership at the gym finally and even a personal trainer. I unfortunately am not seeing the results I've been wanting to see and I even started a shredding program. It's been a few months now and I always feel like I still look the same, but inside I feel stronger. I am wondering if this is a effect due to masturbation or if it is just genetics? I also work on my abs allot and I'm never really seeing them pop out or this little fat I have on my lower stomach going away. If anybody has some intuition on this or ideas about it I would gratefully approached the feedback.

I hope everybody continues they're work outs and have a wonderful weekend. :)

InnerEngineerling likes this.
  2. @TrueSaiyan Hows it been going, you noticed a change at all?

3. I've done some research on this, and honestly, it stems from your diet. If you want to lose fat, you'll have to eat in a calorie deficit, meaning eating less calories than you burn. A general range is anywhere between 10-14 times your bodyweight in calories. So a 150lb man who is trying to lose weight would eat between 1500 and 2100 calories a day. (closer to 2100 on weight lifting days, and closer to 1500 on rest days). And remember, losing fat is gonna take a ton of time. Stick with it for 90 or so days and aim to lose 1lb a week. Then see where you are.

Hope that helps!

1 person likes this.
  4. I appreciate this. I guess I get mixed up quite a bit because when I lift I want to eat more and over. Then I realize I want to get abs at the same time. I realize then I lost this goal pretty much. I tried doing a calorie deficit for a while and I ended up getting dizzy after the third week. I will try out the 1500 calorie deficit for a while. I did sign up for coaching a long time ago it helped a bit, but I fell off the boat at the end.