1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. JPDrive

JPDrive Fapstronaut

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post at ghe beginning of the week. It helps to hear from others that there are ways to navigate this no matter how bad a week you might be having.

Checking in... much better week and I’m managing my stress now.

I am trying out a handful of CBT apps to see which one I like. These are like little pocket therapists that log your stressful thoughts and help you deconstruct them with goal of changing behaviors. We’ll see if these make a difference ... I really struggle around days 12-15. Let’s see if these apps can help me move to another level in my reboot.

Taking it up a notch!

2. 10 days gone by and I feel pretty strong. Some of those 10 days were easy due to being out of town with no time to myself (funny how it's no big deal when it's not an option), but some of them took some strength so even though I haven't made it far on this streak, I've showed myself I've got some strength.

Espi1971, artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  3. Thanks for sharing. 140 days is no joke. Keep going strong!

artifact likes this.
  4. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Checking in for Wednesday and Thursday. No urges at the mo.

DriverPaul and artifact like this.
  5. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

6. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Checking in clean on day 3. One day at a time fellas.

DriverPaul and artifact like this.
  7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Day 76.
    God has really helped me in all this time.
    I also noticed that there are some factors that help recovery:
    • acceptance
    • comprehension
    • sincerity, honesty
    • encouragement and recognition
    • fellowship
    Thanks to all the NOFAP colleagues for your help!
    See you!

8. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Checking in. I've had a pretty good go this time around with minimal urges, but the last couple of days have been ROUGH. But...I am choosing to dwell on it from time to time. That's how the obsession starts, so gotta keep in check or we all know what happens then. Thankfully I have 3 hours of grass cutting when I get home from work...

Espi1971 and artifact like this.
  9. DriverPaul

DriverPaul Fapstronaut

Checking in. Came into my bedroom this Evening and find there is no Wi-Fi on the laptop. What a blessing!!!! God is good

10. You guys are doing great! Here's some motivational music for you.

11. Day 20. Milestone 2 achieved. The best part of today was putting a strikethrough through my 20 day milestone signature and changing the colour of the text to green, done and dusted, feeling a sense of achievement and thankful. Had a pretty good week except for Tuesday when I had a really bad day, I was dealing with some annoying people and the enemy saw it as an opportunity to prod me big time with frustration and negative thinking. I was lacking self control in terms of being careful of what I say and just going on a verbal and mental rant, also lacking wisdom. Apart from that there has been significant growth, I feel more mature and my mind is much clearer, confidence has gone up and thinking much more clearly. It's such a dark world being trapped in the enemy's pit of pmo/lies and destruction, the consequences for the sin are so destructive in numerous ways. Gods way is so much better.

I’m like a submarine descending and the pressure keeps building, the enemy looking for a weakness to sink me…a valve busts under pressure in another area of my life which needs tightening to stop the leak, so to speak. The frustration and negative thinking leak has been sealed for now and the pmo/aka lust of the flesh valve has been withstanding the pressure thanks be to God. My sub hull continues to maintain integrity for the pressure I am under as the Holy Spirit continues to guide me and reinforce and renew all the valves of my mind and make me more vigilant of possible attacks. The next 10-20 days will be a big test, getting to 40 days is not easy, I last experienced this back in January but I feel once the 40 days are down the pressure eases somewhat.

Hope you are all remaining strong,

Blessings.

12. DriverPaul

DriverPaul Fapstronaut

Congratulations, jcforreal!!! You did really well and you should be Proud. I agree 100% with every word you say. Holy spirit lift you out of the dark spiral of negative thoughts. God give you strength! Amen

For my own part, I realise that I only became stronger by admitting I am too weak and I cannot do it without God’s help

I love the submarine analogy

Deleted Account and JPDrive like this.
  13. DriverPaul

DriverPaul Fapstronaut

Quick check in at the start of the day. I might be very tempted today to do PMO because:
    1. I’m working from home ALL ALONE and from the computer all day and
    2. It’s Friday. Fridays and Saturdays are high-risk days for me
    I’m not being complacent in saying this, but my positive feelings are very high because a very good early start to the day. I had a driving lesson in the morning. Positive dopamine/cortisol in my brain, Even more fun than viewing P. Life is good. PMO bad. I will write this positive trend of positive thinking.

You are all in my prayers and I’m thinking about you too, and praying for you. God give you strength I hope that when I report in this evening I can have something positive to say too

14. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Ready to take it on today. Have a good one fellas.

15. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Doing awesome @DriverPaul! Thanks for the prayers and right back at you!

NICEDUDE and DriverPaul like this.
  16. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Love how you focus on increments of time vs daunting 90. Congrats on day 20 and stay vigilant these next 10. Tanks are filling up and they will remind you, often. Good luck!!

17. SaveTheSeedofLife

SaveTheSeedofLife Fapstronaut

Checking in today, had a lil bit semen leakage, guess my balls are full. Lil disappointing cuz it might of delayed any potential wet dream on its way. I had no sexual thoughts just went to the bathroom to do what we all do and like a teaspoon of it oozed out for no reason when I finish doing what I was doing. Either way, I have not PMO, this is my 25 day, so I am still feeling great guys and I am really enjoying this feeling. I feel like I was 15 again lol.

18. JPDrive

JPDrive Fapstronaut

Checking in... Procrastinating today. Going to get back to work as procrastination can lead to worse things...

19. DriverPaul

DriverPaul Fapstronaut

Hi Everybody Friday checkin
    All in all, Can’t complain about this day.
    All day work at home Was completed successfully without PMO.
    A lot of work to do tomorrow. I’m gonna try to get some rest.
    good night everyone

bold0101, GottaBFree and WilBil99 like this.
  20. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Relapsed on Thursday. Blaaah! Checking in on Sat.

DriverPaul likes this.