1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. G-Jay

G-Jay Fapstronaut

Hey guys. I'm starting on an app (ever accountable) and I could really
    do with an accountability partner. I'm of course willing to do the same.
    It just involves getting browser history emails. I'm based in London,
    but location is no issue.

2. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Check in Monday. And a Monday it was if there was ever a "Monday" type of day lol. But on a positive note: I am halfway to 90 for the first time since, well, I can't remember! A small backdrop: if it seems like I'm having an easy go at it, I'm not. I have an extra driving force. I had cheated on my wife in May and came clean. I realized this addiction really is not worth it and I have a serious problem. It was a wake up call and, thankfully, I'm still married. But I have a lot of work to do and you guys help more than you know.

Espi1971 and WilBil99 like this.
  3. OK, I will add you to the waiting list. You will need to reactivate your counter to be listed in the member ranking.

control your life and NICEDUDE like this.
  4. The group is currently full. I can add you to our waiting list, but the list is long so it will be a very long time (6 months at least) before we have an opening for you. Reply to this comment to be added to the waiting list.

NICEDUDE likes this.
  5. Thanks. Ideally, I would want to be away from this website in 6 months. I think I shall pass.

artifact likes this.
  6. DriverPaul

DriverPaul Fapstronaut

Last night I did PMO. I’m a bit sad but I will try again. What’s even more depressing is that only made it to day 9

NICEDUDE likes this.
  7. Don't let it get to you brother, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Repent and renew your mind.

emanuel_free, NICEDUDE and DriverPaul like this.
  8. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

9. EcoMunchies

EcoMunchies Fapstronaut

Check in, still going strong. Been away a lot so not much time to be on the site.

artifact and DriverPaul like this.
  10. I'm still at it. Feeling pretty good right now. Urges have been there but so far I haven't come close to giving in. Those battles will come though. Hope you all are doing well.

artifact and DriverPaul like this.
  11. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

How many times would you have PMOd in that 9 days a month ago @DriverPaul? I’d probably have hit a good 20 so you fell once in 9 days, big strides from your low point I’m sure. Don’t let it bum you out, shake it off and regroup. You’ve got this!

artifact, GottaBFree and DriverPaul like this.
  12. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Checking in. 8 days since relapse after 40 days PMO free. Cutting down on social media has been helpful as it doesn’t allow me to crawl back into living my life through others posts/experiences. It’s good to be an active participant of life again. Highly recommend it brothers!

DriverPaul, bold0101 and NICEDUDE like this.
  13. wanttochange123

wanttochange123 Fapstronaut

Massive relapse 4 hour Omegle session :( back to square 1

DriverPaul likes this.
  14. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

60 days my brothers, I'm really thankful to God for all of you. You've been there praying, encouraging me and admonishing me so I can get here.

Now looking back it feels a lot, and yet so little at the same time. It means hard work, and yet I can see even more hard work ahead. There's a lot land to conquer and like Joshua on the promise land, it will took time effort, and obedience to do it.

Please pray for me that God help me to keep on conquering every corner and taking away every little "high place" or idol that this sin has put on my heart.

Romans 6.20-23 (MSG)
    As long as you did what you felt like doing, ignoring God, you didn’t have to bother with right thinking or right living, or right anything for that matter. But do you call that a free life? What did you get out of it? Nothing you’re proud of now. Where did it get you? A dead end.

But now that you’ve found you don’t have to listen to sin tell you what to do, and have discovered the delight of listening to God telling you, what a surprise! A whole, healed, put-together life right now, with more and more of life on the way! Work hard for sin your whole life and your pension is death. But God’s gift is real life, eternal life, delivered by Jesus, our Master.

God bless you brothers :)

15. DriverPaul

DriverPaul Fapstronaut

This hits me quite profoundly I’d say. I see myself working so hard in absolute dire desperation and 20 years lost to sin yields no results, no fruit like the tree that is planted on cliff side.

Sadly this is what i feel.

C’est la vie. You reap what you sow. I hadn’t sown anything, no savings ($), no passion into life, no marketable ideas. Just a series of bad decisions, accumulated debt and empty promises.

:(

emanuel_free likes this.
  16. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

17. DriverPaul

DriverPaul Fapstronaut

I will pray for you Emanuel. True words, buddy. Only God can help you, rightly so you surrender to God. Without God we men are too weak to avoid all occasions of sin. My journey is like a long corridors and my occasions are doors that I try to close. If the Holy Spirit is strong (and joint effort from my guardian angel) I close those doors and conquer every corner. You are a vision of who I want to be, Emanuel and if the freedom you purport is real, sign me up—-somehow I feel the reality of it is a lot less “glamorous” —-sorry to be a little sceptical. “My sin is always before me”. I think that equates whether you’re 60 days or 600 days. The important thing is that 1.no reliance on P to keep/maintain erection—no PIED and 2. Make love and and enjoy all aspects of sex (with your Wife of course)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  18. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Not sure about days but no PM urges. The Os another story but in check. Minds wondering a bit today but got a lot going on. I’m busy for the next 2.5 weeks straight which is fine by me.

DriverPaul likes this.
  19. @emanuel_free congratulations on your great achievement of 60 days! Your participation in the group is appreciated.

WilBil99, emanuel_free and DriverPaul like this.
  20. OK guys. I'm committing right here to no PM for the whole months of August and September. No more excuses.