1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Are there any good apps on iOS that put a 'curfew' or at least time limit other apps?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous86, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

I'm obsessed with Reddit reading at night. I need something to limit it past 9:00 PM, so I don't relapse.

2. Nine

Nine Fapstronaut

The good news is you can do this, and you don't even need an app for it. It's a built in feature in iOS 12, called "Screen Time".

You should be able to find it in your Settings, under Screen Time, if you're running iOS 12 or iOS 13 beta. Enable Screen Time, then tap the graph, scroll down to an app, tap it, and it should give you the option to add a time limit to it.

If you're running an older version of iOS, see if your device is eligible to update, and if it is, do it. If not, just search "limit screen time" on the AppStore and maybe you'll find a third party solution, although I don't personally know any.

3. Huh I didn’t know about that feature Nine, sounds very useful, as it would help me get my sleep schedule.

4. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

Does this work on a single-app basis? Last time I looked, I could only set time limits for broad categories of apps, like "Social Networking", etc.