1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm done, forever.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ProtectTheMonkey, Aug 6, 2019.

1. ProtectTheMonkey

ProtectTheMonkey New Fapstronaut

The plan here is to never fap again. I quit.
    Sorry if I missed any rules, due to the relapse honestly cannot even focus or read properly. Hard to sort through posts of a new site like this. Should've waited before posting, but I'm just so upset with myself.

Thank you for reading, I will try to keep this short :)
    I planned to quit from the beginning of August. Unfortunately, strong urges took over me just like the whole rest of this summer.

Highschooler who has a lot of school workload to deal with and passionate in spending time for other things.

Fapping has been a waste of time, addiction, full of regret, digust, pain, depression, and negativity in general. I lose the courage, I am unfocused, I am not confident in myself afterwards.

Prior to this summer:
    For my first year of highschool, I abstained for the whole school year on my own, I had quite challenging classes and I'd argue one of the toughest sports (wrestling). I could not allow myself to waste time or be tired at all. Furthermore, I was motivated and could never afford to lose momentum. First time I ever purposely tried to abstain. Believe or not, it was like flipping a switch. I said no to fapping, and never fapped. Started in middle school, and it ended for a year right then and there with that decision.

I felt like I owned the world, let alone every setting/building I walked into. I could walk up to anyone, including the hottest girls, and strike up conversation. I had girls message me throughout the year. I felt confident and sure.

This summer.
    Now with summer and an upcoming year with an easier selection of classes and no sport (due to serious injury), I have all the time in the world. Naturally, I fell into the habit again.

Quickly recognizing how much I despise fapping, I put in great efforts to stop myself all summer. But to no avail. No reddit posts or motivational videos helped. No notes, no alarms, no reminders has prevented me. Iron strong urge even made me step out of the shower to grab the phone to view the images.

I hate it. Within every 4 or 5 days, it happens again.

So I arrive here to you guys, for help and support. Best if someone is starting around the same time as I am. I want to flip the switch in my mind again and live the way I did last year.

Let me know if there should be anything (posts and whatnot) I should check out! Thank you, you guys are awesome.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    PeterJL and Anon117 like this.
  2. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

Hey there ProtectTheMonkey. I read the whole thing. Can't say that I'm a good role model for quitting. But it's a good feeling to support each other. Hopefully we can both quit for good and become happier people. I'll think of you tomorrow and hope you are fighting through the struggle. Good luck friend.

MasterNate and ProtectTheMonkey like this.
  3. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button |Day Counter | Rebooting Resources|Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

Taco John likes this.
  4. PeterJL

PeterJL Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

5. MasterNate

MasterNate Fapstronaut

You have done better than I have since I first PMO'ed. The longest I have managed with no PMO was 40 days since I was 10, I am now 29. I have decided to give it another go because I really want to give up MO'ing to P.

Anon117 and PeterJL like this.