1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, there

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by MilesRust, Aug 5, 2019.

1. MilesRust

MilesRust Fapstronaut

Hi, everyone,

I am Miles, 28 year old guy, who have been in fap business for more than a decade.
    Yeah, almost 12 years, and.... yes, it did affect my life, it did ruin the only two relationships I had and left me with piED and literally... with dick in my hands.

During all those years I assume I have transformed into a nihilist, I do not believe, that this will help. Nevertheless, I want to try it, I want to tell myself 50 years from now that, at least, I tried.

Maybe the only reason why I am writing this is that I want to tell an important message to guys under 20. The message is: "Stop with this shit". Stop it, otherwise you are going to ruin your life and either spend the rest of your life filled with regret or eventually turn into a nihilistic, indifferent zombie like me. Just stop with it, don't waste your time, don't waste your 20's, for fuck sake. I can imagine my younger self reading this and thinking: "Yeah, well, this old guy fucked up, I surely don't want to end like him, but I still got time. I can fap now and stop tomorrow." Don't do that, just stop with this shit.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button |Day Counter | Rebooting Resources|Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. thekiller490490

thekiller490490 Fapstronaut

Hey, I'my 16 and it feels like I won't ever quit already. There's still a way, because "just quit this shit" is bullshit advise. I'm not going to be able to quit just because I read how many people fucked up. Maybe reading this can help you, it's certainly opened my eyes to how to go about quitting PMO.
    https://yourbrainrebalanced.com/for...ughts-on-rebooting-extremely-long-post.15558/

P.S. I hope I don't come off as a jerk in this post. Just saying what I've found.

4. Heyyy welcome to the NoFap forum : ) It's nice to see you here fighting the good fight alongside us!

I strongly advise you to be active on your profile; start by choosing an avatar and then make daily posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement. They've got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see. People will find your profile and give you
    encouragement/support.
    You should also highly consider creating a public journal (in the appropriate sectionfor you ) and write about your days in more depth for us members to follow along on your journey!

★ People love to communicate in the profiles section and also the journal section. We need more supportive people though, we could always use your help and in return receive some as well!

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!

5. MilesRust

MilesRust Fapstronaut

Yeah, that's the thing, mate. And it always gonna be, younger and older people. You are 16, I am 27. If someone told me to just quit this shit when I was 16, I would also send him to hell. But as you get older, you slowly realize HOW MUCH YOU FUCKING LOST.
    1. potential good friends,
    2. potential gfs,
    3. gfs that you actually had, they loved you, but sensed your disinterest, because, hey, you just knew how to top your dopamine level all by yourself, right?
    4. Lost career opprotunities,
    5. being able of social interaction
    6. all the exciting experiences of living a fulfilling life
    => you will realize all this stuff when you get older, you will regret it and then you are gonna write a post on a forum just hoping that someone would read it and someone would take the goddamn advice, but deep down in your heart you would know, that nobody younger is gonna take the advice, because you would know just how fucking stupid, you were at age of 16.

Don't take this personally, please, I also do not want to come off as a jerk. I am writing about myself :) . And I know that noone at the age of 16 is capable to realize what they are gonna lose in the future. Noone is capable of imagining such thing.
    I just wondered, that maybe...maybe I can break the circle. I just tried.

Good luck in your journey, young friend. I am surely gonna read that long post, thanks for sharing.

6. MilesRust

MilesRust Fapstronaut

Thanks, I have already posted something over there, feel free to checkout.