1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

CPAP machine

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by PMOare4SoyBoys, Aug 7, 2019.

1. PMOare4SoyBoys

PMOare4SoyBoys Fapstronaut

I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and I just received my CPAP machine.

The level is set on 5 but yet I find the pressure quite hard when it comes to breathing out back into the tube almost as if the machine is trying to force air down my throat. For those that have experience on it is this normal?

2. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I mean, the machine is supposed to force air down your throat ... it definitely takes some getting used to.

But if it's just unbearable, you can most likely search online and find out how to dig into the settings a dial the pressure down. Technically you're always supposed to take it in and have one of the nurses adjust it, but you can do it yourself. I adjusted mine that way and it was easy.

Note: this was when I was using a CPAP. As you know, I use a mouthpiece now.

PMOare4SoyBoys likes this.
  3. PMOare4SoyBoys

PMOare4SoyBoys Fapstronaut

I'll get onto the mouthpiece in the near future. I had a look at the description of the snoreRX btw (the one you recommended) and says that it is not meant to treat the symptoms of sleep apnea despite having the same mechanics of a MAD device. What are your opinions on this?

4. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

I can only imagine that's gotta be something they had to say for liability purposes. I don't know, maybe it isn't medically approved yet? I mean hell, snoring is a symptom of sleep apnea. It's called the SnoreRX. Snoring and sleep apnea are caused by the same tongue and throat tissue, it's only a matter of how much space is between them.

PMOare4SoyBoys likes this.