1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

societies view on health food is sad...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 10, 2019.

1. I realized yesterday just how weird people think health food is, in my class i always bring a couple vegetables and fruits, like carrots, ginger root, bananas, celery, and every one is like wtf dude why do you eat that stuff, i am just like um what healthy food?, maybe because i dont enjoy making my body suffer and killing myself slowly, but whatever i am weird for it i guess.

2. JonShawn

JonShawn Fapstronaut

Man I hear you. I would bring oats and a banana to class and nobody could understand why I actually enjoyed eating it. It might not taste as good as junk food but it feels so good to eat well.

3. i completely agree, it might not be the best tasting things out there but the peace of mind and the feeling of health is just so amazing.

4. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

What most people think is cool is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mediocrity.

Anyone that doesn't follow that lifestyle challenges their carefully held on to beliefs. So they try to pull you into their mediocrity instead of making the effort to explore a better way.

Make a habit of doing things that nobody else is doing. Live a bold, daring, and dangerous life that is criticized by others. Do more things that most people don't accept you or understand you for.

5. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

6. Enwar

Enwar Fapstronaut

You need to eat meat, too.

Hello Friend and JonShawn like this.
  7. lol i am not a vegetarian, i eat plenty of meat, but i always try to get humane organic meat.

Enwar, JonShawn and Hello Friend like this.
  8. People will judge everything you do, either you eat McCheese or vegetables for lunch.

9. yes they will, but i am just curious why health food is so looked down on.

JonShawn likes this.
  10. I think it is because 90% of the contemporary society still thinks that it doesn't matter what you put to your mouth, thus, you can eat whatever you want. They respect the fact that one little pill might affect your body, for example, painkillers, but they hardly ever realize that food you feed yourself with is much more important.

11. JonShawn

JonShawn Fapstronaut

Gotta get the brotein one way or another lol, I eat a lot of meat but I agree with @BravelyKegger

Enwar and BravelyKegger like this.
  12. i agree, its crazy how that works, i believe it also has a lot to do with people not being intune with themselves.

Demure_Dreamer and JonShawn like this.
  13. Awedouble

Awedouble Fapstronaut

Because their relationship to food is instinctual, and the instinct is craving. (probably mostly for sugar, salt and fat) I remember this one kid looking at a green drink going "eww" like green is unnatural, which I guess it is to him. (it wasn't even wheatgrass or anything, actually had a lot of sugar from fruit) And this was in a program for a health care related field. I was in a chat room and this kid was arguing reading books is stupid, and he can just get the same story from movies instead of reading novels. This is the kind of simple thinking we're dealing with these days.

14. The first doctor is the farmer, the second one is you and the way u live and finally the third one is the one who gives u pills once u are sick because u cdnt be responsible (most of the time)

15. GingerFever

GingerFever Fapstronaut

Yeah.... also, the fact that so much of what is good for you is expensive.... e.g. fresh fruit versus buying an economy size jar of fruit in corn syrup....huge price difference.

This is where I tend to put my tinfoil hat on and say that at least some of that is.... eh.... take your pick of consipiracy theory text that alludes to some combination of those with financial interests in big businesses and/or health industry not wanting humans to eat healthier because it effects their bottom line.

I digress. :p

SilentJay313 likes this.