1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Did anyone grow taller in early twenties

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by legendsneverdie, Aug 12, 2019.

did you grow in early twenties

1. yes

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. no

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  1. legendsneverdie

legendsneverdie Fapstronaut

I’m really depressed man. I feel like a tiny manlet, 5 9. and i’m turning 20 tmrw. I’ve been doing everything i can to grow more, but nothing recently. i hope it’s not too late. If i don’t make 6 ft i’m doomed. I was such an idiot in high school

I had suicidal thoughts because of this. PLEASE DONT TELL ME HEIGHT DOESNT MATTER, because it does. I need some hope.

Did you grow in your early twenties? If so, where did you grow? In your legs, torso?

2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

ok, let me break it down to you in clear, super clear words. Read with me:

HEIGHT DOESN'T MATTER!

Why do you think your height defines you? What about your eyes? What about your view of the world? Do you think plastics are a danger for our planet? How about your eating habits? Do you know what you feel? How about the fact that you are fine the way you are? Who told you that if you're not 6ft you're doomed? Answer please this last question.

I have quite a few acquaintances under 6ft that are super happy in their family life, they're loved, and I have a few above 6ft that...well... they could use a second brain. Height simply doesn't matter.

3. celery_tree

celery_tree Fapstronaut

If it makes you feel any better, I'm turning 20 in a month and I'm shorter than you. 173 cm, think that's around five foot eight inches. And in the country I'm from, I'm considered above-average tall. Lol.

Hello Friend and legendsneverdie like this.
  4. Ad4gio

Ad4gio Fapstronaut

I have heard of people gaining some height after high school, but I think it's rare.

A 5'9" guy with confidence will have plenty of success with women. I am a mere 5'5" and am well into the double-digits with sexual partners (honestly it becomes less important the older you get, but at 20, I know it matters). Sure, plenty of chicks won't look my way because of my height, but there are some that do. It's all about how you carry yourself.

You're turning 20. Get in shape if you're not already. Work toward a good career. Don't let all these internet memes and whatever make you feel like shit for being under 6".

5. 5'9? The average height for a man is 5'10 which is what I am. Hell there are many people who are shorter than you that live awesome lives. Tom Cruise for instance is 5'7. You're not short and I have no idea why you think you are, but if it's that serious that you have contemplated suicide then you need to seek psychiatric help.

Don't harm yourself over something as trivial as being a man of average height. Why do you feel the need to be taller anyway?

6. misterSR

misterSR Fapstronaut

Height doesn't matter man. You might say you don't have a lot of succes with women because of your height. I think women don't want to be with a guy like you who gets insecure about something as insignificant as their height. Man up

7. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I'm about your height too, and I've never felt short. I can, however, relate to sometimes feeling uncomfortable around taller people.

legendsneverdie likes this.
  8. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

Im 24 now and i can definitely say i grew in my earlier 20's... not copious amounts but id say 2-2.5 inches

9. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

I'm only 5'10, honestly be happy. It's easier for us to pack on muscle and nothing is inconvienent, we are not too short or too tall for anything. And the "You have to be 6' tall to enter" girls, you don't want them, you'll get infected. A genuine kind girl won't give a damn that you're 5'9 if you're confident, kind, funny and have good hygiene. And if you're done growing, then you're done. Expect to be 5'9, but if you still grow a couple inches taller good for you.

10. moulox

moulox Fapstronaut

I also gained a couple cm's around that age, maybe because of playing lots of basketball back then. You could also try playing basketball/volleyball or doing lots of pull ups but I doubt you will see significant gains but basically I see no point in your worries. I've seen treatments where doctors break leg bones and use spacers to gain height but I wouldn't go through all that unless I was 1,5 m tall. As said above, work out, work on your "game" and you'll be able to be successful with many girls, I'm sure. Accept that probably you'll meet some girls that may reject you because of that but they will be few compared to how many you'll meet, you got your whole life in front of you.

11. Yes. My growing spurt ended at 28 actually.

12. legendsneverdie

Dam, you give me hope. Thank you:)

Where did you grow? In your legs or torso or neck

And was it gradual growth and did you notice yourself growing?

13. legendsneverdie

Thanks for the responses guys. For those of you asking why it matters.

Admittedly, I have read some blackpill stuff regarding height. And it’s partially been indoctrinated on forums like bodybuilding where 5 9 is manlet territory.. Also, i see how girls react when they see a tall guy, they practically wet their pants on site, and it doesn’t look aesthetic when a guy is too short and trying to make gym gains. It’s a sign of health and masculinity being taller and bigger

I also play basketball and lots of sports, and being tall is better.

I would like to reach 6 ft because i realize 6 ft is actually the number when you actually look well proportioned and no one can say that you’re short. Plus a lot of girls these days are around 5 7 or 5 8. Thus when they wear high heels, they will be taller than you unless you’re 6 ft plus

14. legendsneverdie

thanks man. I’ve been playing more basketball recently and i might join club volleyball cuz i like jumping anyway. I’ll do what i can, it’s not really in my control anyway.

I think i am hoping for more growth because my dad and uncle both grew in college so i might have that potential too

Have a great life

moulox likes this.
  15. legendsneverdie

cool!!!! How tall are you now? Can you tell me the progress of your growth? (ie age 20 6 ft
    21, 6 1
    23, 6 3,
    24, 6 3.5

etc)

And where did you grow? Did you grow in your legs or all in your spine?

16. I peaked at 5-10 actually but before that I was 5-8 .

17. legendsneverdie

was the growth in your legs?

18. I have never thought about that lol.
    I didn’t measure my legs I think it was in my upper body though.

19. All my family is over 6 ft though. I have just a suspicion that pmo actually reduced my potential though.

I got the feet and the magic bar but not the height.

Actually now I travel a lot for work and I am glad I fit perfectly.

20. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

I'd say it was a pretty proportional growth. Ive always been into sports but I only got into the gym and focusing on my nutrition at 21 I'd say so that could of possibly had something to do with it? I never really noticed but I'd just getting people telling me they thought I was bigger. Then when I'd stand next to people in my family it felt like I was getting bigger, especially as I moved away for university I could be away for months at a time... The contrast when I got back was quite noticeable