1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sometimes I really want to talk to someone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by gerry104, Aug 16, 2019.

1. gerry104

gerry104 Fapstronaut

I know I have things to do but sometimes, especially in the evening, I just want to talk to someone, about anything. I used to think it would be great if I can talk to a girl. Now a man is also fine. I am not someone who has to be surrounded by people all the time and I know I will never be like that. But being alone does not always feel good.

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I can relate. The fact that I have no one to trust either does not help.

3. I know what you mean. It would be great to have someone in real life that is there for a conversation with you. Someone that has a unique bound with you. Like a spiriutal bond between both of you. No I am not talking about a religous bond but more like a really really really deep bond with someone who will never ever betray you... Like a Stand... that can talk to you. Or just a talking dog :D but that's something every human seeks... I guess

Coffee Candy likes this.
  4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

But you are your Stand, it would be like talking alone.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Don't ruin it now... xD Yeah but even talking with yourself is more helpful than just sitting in your room alone with your thoughts. Social activity help a human being even it it's just talking. You are looking for someone that understands you I guess...

6. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I talk alone all the time at it is worrying.

7. I meant with your STAND!

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Like Echoes.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Is it possible you could select one night in the next week or so, and go to some event in which there will be some discussion? Some lecture at the library? A community event that needs an extra hand? Maybe a book club? A lot of people feel the same as you. Quitting PMO requires one to make plans and opportunities to keep the mind occupied.

10. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

11. Stug

Stug Fapstronaut

Try to think in symbols instead of man made language after a while you break the habit. All that talking clutters up your brain with useless conversations.

I feel your pain tho...for years i had complete conversations for many hours & days straight.

Ferritin likes this.
  12. Stug

Stug Fapstronaut

It sucks when you go to bed at night and you have this exact feeling/thought popping up. During day when you are occupied it's much easier.

13. Ferritin

Ferritin Fapstronaut

I can r
    I can relate to what @gerry101 is saying, 100%. The feeling is... something else. You get to speak to yourself, loudly most of the time even.
    I dont think its about boredom or loneliness which according to you could just be dealt with. Its way more than that. I think it needs to be fed what it yearns for and with time, you'd be able to fully journal your thoughts, feelings and emotions

14. I have a feeling that you are in your early 20s or so. It's one thing to be alone, it's another to be lonely. So get into the habit of meeting and talking with more people. It's not like you need millions of them, but you would probably just enjoy the company of a few like-minded people. Not taking that risk follows you through life. You can do it and you'll enjoy the benefits. Go for it. I am sure you are really cool but are shy around loudmouths. I know that feeling.