1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 days of a new life

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by silvermonk, Aug 19, 2019.

1. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

Ok, so it´s been already 30 days. Has anything changed?

I´m sure of one thing. There are no superpowers in my case, just a new level of calm and confidence, getting stronger day by day, each time I overcome some urges or mental habbit.
    I admit, I went to my favourite P webside once. It was just yesterday. I went there and canceled my account without hesitation. I felt so gloriously free! And I canceled my e-mail which I had used for my P accounts founding, too.
    I don´t need anything else. This feeling of being free is more then enough.
    But a few plus:
    I´ve gone from 78.3 kg down to 73.9 kg (168 kg).
    My mood swings are fewer and fewer.
    Sex with my wife is so great!
    I can think of my ambitions and financial and career plans again.
    I´m even thinking of going back to university (and I´m almost 47 y.o.). :)

And one little observation:
    We don´t have to be obsessed with sex! We are not bound to think of it all the time. It´s not our duty to check out each pretty girl or woman we meet. I thought my sexual drive was overly strong but it was a lie. My sexual drive was constantly and overly stimulated by P and M. I tried to stop watching P couple times but without any success. I thought M would make it easier but it´s the opposite. I needed to stop thinking only about my sexual needs. And it´s much simplier without M. Yeah, I have no experience with the hard mode but we don´t have sex so often with my wife (usually 1-2 times a week). And in fact, I´m kind of looking forward to a chance spend some more time without O too. I enjoy the way it forces me to look inside myself and find a new reserve of strength.

I wish you luck, guys. Thank you very much for all your advice, wisdom and support. See you on 90 days report! :)

Siva1999, Bobske, celery_tree and 5 others like this.
  2. GratifiedSlave

GratifiedSlave Fapstronaut

Good going silvermonk. I always wonder why do people(that are married) do M. As in my case, I am a single guy and I get too much desperate for sex sometimes thats when M unfortunately comes into play. Can you explain why a person needs to M when he has the option of real sex?

silvermonk likes this.
  3. silvermonk

silvermonk Fapstronaut

Hello friend! I´ll try to answer your question as honestly as I can. I hope I´ll make it in a clear way, as English is my second language.

I cannot speak for other people but in my case it was because I learnt as a teenager that O is a great thing. It calmed me down, it improved my mood, it helped me to fall asleep. In fact, it still does.

So what´s the problem?

I think sex, love and relationship should be connected. And what M (and even more strongly P) does is that it enables you to take pleasure from sex, but without love and relationship. And when you are in a relationship or even married there are times when you feel angry, frustrated, horny, scared of future, and the medicine in form of M or P is literally within your arm's reach. And believe me, being married doesn´t mean you have sex whenever you want.

But if you watch P and do M you lose a huge part of your motivation to strive for love and a healthy relationship. And you are ashamed of yourself. There are very few people who come to their friends and boast: "what a great wank I´ve just had!" And this shame and guilt start taking their toll. You tend to give in to your SO, to try and make it up to them too much and too often. And then you are frustrated and angry, because they don´t see your effort, so what do you do? PMO, of course, to take your little pathetic revenge.

And I believe you should avoid M - at least for a period of time - when you are addicted to P. I´ve learnt this the hard way. I used to think M would mean a safety valve for my urges, but then I realized it only feeded them. And the chaser effect is a real and terrifying thing.

Of course, you are much younger, so your urges are stronger. But maybe you can use them as a leverage to achieve what you really want in your life. A good job, healthy body, financial independence, a girl who can be a real partner to you. These things might seem shallow but believe me, they are very important. If only because you can easily become obsessed with them when you don´t have them. When you know you can have them, it´s up to you if you decide you don´t need them anymore. Maybe it´s the Buddha´s secret - he´d had all of that before he left and started looking for the answers.

4. celery_tree

celery_tree Fapstronaut

That thing you mentioned about Buddha seeking enlightenment only after he had experienced much of what life has to offer is a really interesting idea I've been thinking about recently. Overall great post Mr. Silvermonk.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. You explain it in such an easy way. I’m on day 2 and this has been really inspirational for me.

silvermonk likes this.
  6. GratifiedSlave

GratifiedSlave Fapstronaut

Oh thank you friend for such detailed explanation. I got it!

silvermonk likes this.