1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Motivating Verse

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Shestakov

Shestakov Fapstronaut

Good early morning to all, I want to ask; when you are feeling urges or cravings for P use or lust, what passage from the Word do you tend to cling to the most? What do you find helps you to feel peace in this area in remembrance of God’s provision for your life?

Tao Jones likes this.
  2. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. -Psalms 126:6

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. -Luke 12:32

Shestakov likes this.
  3. You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
    - Isaiah 26:3

Shestakov likes this.
  4. 70*7

70*7 Fapstronaut

HELP!
    No seriously, it's not a scripture as such, but my old sponsor from CR would say me when things were so bad I could hardly pray, just say 'help' out loud and that is enough. God will honor that. When you wake in the morning, let the first thing you say be 'help!' if need be. I did this for s few weeks and made a naddima difference at the time. The desire to act out got less and with my focus back on God, resisting became easy for a while. In fact, the times in my life when it's been easier to not PMO have been those times when I haven't even needed to try(!) because my attention has been fully on Jesus instead.

Shestakov and Tao Jones like this.
  5. EXPONENTIALLY

And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? -Matthew 14:31

Shestakov likes this.
  6. Shestakov

Shestakov Fapstronaut

That’s sweet. Isaiah is one hell of a book. Yeah when walking according to the Spirit it’s natural for us to leave the old, unfruitful habits behind as we walk with God. Focusing on him becomes the most fulfilling thing.

Tao Jones likes this.
  7. Shestakov

Shestakov Fapstronaut

Whether or not we follow through in our trust for God, it doesn’t mean that He’s not there with us, imploring us, to turn to Him instead. Yet even if we do fall as His children, He still sees us as righteous. What an amazing thing. The power and love of grace.

70*7, Tao Jones and EXPONENTIALLY like this.
  8. Shestakov

Shestakov Fapstronaut

That’s really cool to hear brother, keep it up! God knows our hearts even more than we do, but it does help to call out to Him in an attempt to “make things real.” And He certainly will help, it’s the putting our trust in that He wants the best for us that gets it done. The power of the Spirit. We want heart change, and not just some outward, external change. Only God can provide that with such a spiritual issue.

70*7 likes this.
  9. Recently, I've fallen in love with this one:
    Jeremiah 6:16
    "Stand by the roads, and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls."

Stand
    Look
    Ask
    Walk

Gives me the chills! :)

10. EXPONENTIALLY

Wrong version of the Bible, look at how KJV is more precise and full:

Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=bible.kingjamesbiblelite

11. Shestakov

Shestakov Fapstronaut

Wow that is an interesting one. I like the wording in that it infers that others have taken it and we know it has to be the true good way, since it comes from God. And it’s the only way to ever genuinely obtain peace or rest from your inner sinful nature. Abide in Christ and He will heal you. Good stuff man

mrtumnus and Tao Jones like this.