1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Edging - Once and for all

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Hey Guys,

So I know there is alot out there on Edging and the negative impacts it can have on ones recovery. So this thread isn't to duplicate that information, but just to fine tune a few bits.

We all know edging counts as relapse, unless you are trying to kid yourself and pretend like it's not. We also know that edging can increase anxiety and restlessness due to dopamine levels being raise exponentially to unnatural levels, and remaining there for a period of time due to no release or "O".

What I always wondered, however, was just how long after an edging session does one start to return to normal again? I will give my experience with edging as an example:

I had a 2 week streak and I edged for 2 hours one night with no "O" or release. That night I had stomach pains, ball pain, headache and the most restless night sleep ever. I can only describe it as the same symptoms you get when sick. I was going to call into work sick the next day but decided to soldier on and try to shake it off. I got out of bed and felt shit, same pains and restlessness/anxious feelings. I was tempted to just "O" to get rid of the symptoms, but I didn't. Instead, I took a cold shower which seems to subside the shit feeling for a while and calm me down. Throughout the day I've been tired and zombie like, however the pain and anxiousness has started to retreat a bit.

This led me to a question: How long does it take for the average person to return to normal after an edging session without "O" or release?

I realise dopamine stays elevated in the brain for hours afterwards when we don't "O", but just how long? And is it worth just O'ing and starting over to get ride of the physical discomfort, or did I do the right thing by soldiering through the pain adn symptoms?

Should be interesting to get feedback on this one! As I can't find other sources which touch specifically on my question.

2. Abetterbrain

Abetterbrain Fapstronaut

I struggle with edging. I edge as I don’t want to break my streak. Once I start I need to realise that I might as well finish. I find I feel so much worse by not releasing.

3. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Edging is masturbating, ergo, edging does break your streak.

ultrafabber and need4realchg like this.
  4. Abetterbrain

Abetterbrain Fapstronaut

Yes I know. But it doesn’t stop my brain from convincing me that once I start I can stop and it’ll be ok.

5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Sure, but you need to reset your counter.

6. Abetterbrain

Abetterbrain Fapstronaut

You’re not my dad.

7. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

lol

Di.Do.555 likes this.
  8. Abetterbrain

Abetterbrain Fapstronaut

Done it :cool:

9. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Well done mate. It takes balls to do. But in the long run, being honest with ourselves is necessary or we are never going to reboot - whatever our day counter says. All the best.

10. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

Define edging please.
    I mean if you are into female eyes and you open google images and saw few pics of sexy eyes.
    Is that a relapse?

11. paco179

paco179 Fapstronaut

As far as I know edging is get the penis erected and masturbate but with not orgasm as a result, just stopping before orgasm.

But I'm thinking that if your penis get erected for some minutes and you feel erotic feelings then the edge is created and all the disadvantages that includes even if you don't touch your penis, I mean with no masturbation.