1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Girls on the Bus

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Marcus Aurelius, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Marcus Aurelius

Marcus Aurelius Fapstronaut

Anyone ever see a beautiful girl on the bus and really want to ask her out, but have no idea how to? It's happened a few times to me and again today. It always ends up the same. I'm sitting there, debating with myself whether or not I should say something, and, if so, what? Her stop or mine comes up, one of us gets off the bus and that's the end of it.

I honestly don't know if I'm a coward for not approaching them or if randomly approaching them without any introduction is rude/creepy.

Anyone have any experience with this? Do situations like this ever turn out well? If so, what are the kind of things you could say?

2. Chappie77

Chappie77 Fapstronaut

Yes it's creepy.
    It's a numbers game.
    Ask 100 out and you might get one positive response.
    Frankly the type of men who do this and the type of women who are receptive are trash.

A better thing to do is practice small talk.
    Just say a comment in passing.
    Maybe something about the schedule or the journey.
    You don't have to get into a deep conversation at this stage.
    Just breaking the ice.

Next time you see her you can smile and say hello, how are you?
    Does She respond positively?
    Next time after that more personal questions, what you do?
    Does She respond positively?
    Sell yourself by bringing appealing aspects of yourself into the conversation:
    Your job, your interests, your classes, your house, how you live alone/are single.
    You'll have to judge the timing of all these steps by how she responds.
    Then, and only if you are getting positive vibes, ask her out.
    If She says no don't be a dick, women like to cultivate a group of admirers.
    Continue to be nice, She might call on you anyway

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  3. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    buses are fun always has babes on em, this is my mode of transportation when the lambo diablo is in the shop, he who dares wins just make sure she checks you out a couple times thats her que she wants what you got,i always say hi whats up when a female in public ,she usually smiles

IbrahimViking likes this.
  4. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    conversation is a skill a craft just keep at it till you perfect it

Deleted Account and Protagonist like this.
  5. allitnam

allitnam Fapstronaut

I have never been good at talking to strange girls, but a long time ago, when I was 19 years old, I was going back to my home in a bus, and then a gorgeous girl just sat down by my side. I dont know where I got strenght from to say a word, but after strugling for a while, I came up with the least creative question I could think of: "what time is it?" I really dont remember what line followed that silly question, but the fact is that she ended up being my girlfriend and we really had a special thing. I dont regret having asked that stupid question because it worked. Thats the experience I can tell about this.

6. Marcus Aurelius

Thanks for the responses, guys. I don't feel so bad about not doing anything now. I really like your strategy @Chappie77. That's a very smart approach. If I see her again, I'll probably ask her a question or something and leave it at that - at least for the time being. And @allitnam that is awesome! It gives the rest of us hope lol

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Deleted Account and allitnam like this.
  7. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

Hey @Marcus Aurelius ,

One thing you should take into consideration: if you see a girl in the bus for the first time, if you don't talk to her, you may never see her again.

Now here is the most important thing: Take control. Of your Life. of PMO. Of talking to girls in the bus. Of everything.

And be honest. Did you find her attractive because of her smile? Tell her. If you feel scared to talk to her because you never do that? Tell her. Are you scared that if you don't talk to her now, you may never see her again to tell her how pretty she is? Tell her.

As Chapie and Allitman says, practice talking. The more you do it, the better you will become.
    * Start by asking the time to 3 people a day, then 5, then 10, etc
    * Continue by telling a small compliment, to women or men, and walk out (''Hi, I like your shoes'').

You will stop to be scared and become confident in no time.

Also, watch ''The 40 year old virgin question clip''. A funny movie, but a beautiful piece of art in term of connecting with people.

Kizd4AFool and allitnam like this.
  8. Marcus Aurelius

9. It's OK to not talk to girls if you don't feel comfortable. Looks aren't everything.

Also, when actually pursuing a girl physical excitement will fade. It's probably better to focus on building a friendship.

Kizd4AFool likes this.
  10. The best answer is to NEVER ask a girl out you don't know. It is creepy and your instict to stop you from doing it are helping you out. If she does look at you, say hi and maybe start a conversation and see if things click first. If she never looks at you, forget it.

Fractured Mindset likes this.
  11. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

@Knight81, I respect your opinion. What if you Simply want to talk to her? Even if she doesn't look at you, going and say Hi is not a creepy things to do.
    Social skills are learned, and it is part of taking control and assuming our Masculine side.

Most of the girls I talked to never looked at me, but they left with a big smile when I did. For me it is worth doing it just to bright up their day.

Deleted Account and greenishmoon like this.
  12. totally disagree with that, I mean it's not creepy, creepy it's being a stalker, follow her, make her unappropiate compliment. If you are on a bus and see a girl you like there's two option:
    -good approach: smile to her and say something funny about her or the place, Idk maybe the bus is really crowded you approach her and say something like "really full isn't it? hope I don't smell I don't want to ruin your journey" she can laugh and answer and you keep chatting, she can just smile and don't talk so you'll know she's not interested and it's good, I mean you can't be loved by everybody. You'll just stop and try next time.
    -bad approach: the creepy approach, what many people misjudge like being the alpha but you're just a jerk, like going to her and directly compliment her ass or something like that, or when she try to avoid you, you keep to be in her way bc you know real man don't give up. BULLSHIT, this is creepy and wrong but I think you can avoid that
    You could name a third option but I don't count it as an option so will just name it, and it's doing nothing and regret like you're doing now, stop doing that my friend, life is hard and full of rejections anyway, so why should you stop yourself from being happy?

Kizd4AFool likes this.
  13. Black ∆ Fang

Black ∆ Fang Fapstronaut

Mayn! How lucky you are! I really am jealous...

allitnam likes this.
  14. Get behind me Satan

Get behind me Satan Fapstronaut

I wouldn't bother personally, but everyone is different. I think it's good to doubt yourself if you're not 100% sure you have something she wants, it shows that you recognise you're probably lacking the charisma at this point in your life, but the beauty of NoFap is that you're always growing, so one day you'll find this won't even be an issue.

Another word of advice, and I'm speaking to myself here, is don't waste your energy on thinking about one girl, it's just a waste of time, you'll convince yourself 'she's probably the one' - which statistically speaking is doubtful (if there is such a thing to begin with).

With that said I am definitely not cynical, but don't ever be needy as this is a complete turn-off or you'll just end up with someone who'll become too attached to you; if you can get to the point in your life that you can take them or leave them they definitely notice the confidence that comes in this.

Just my opinion buddy. Good luck whatever you do though.

15. Marcus Aurelius

The main thing I am gathering is that I need to chill out. Instead of being five steps ahead, I need to simply talk to girls. If things go well, then maybe I can think about asking her out, but until that point, it's best to stay in the moment. Who knows, if I start pretending to have fun, I might just have a little by accident. ;)

@Get behind me Satan you are so right about not fixating on one person. That has been my problem for years and only in the past couple have I really become aware of it. I've been trying to get out of that mindset, but apparently old habits die hard.

Get behind me Satan likes this.
  16. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

Fake it until you make it!

greenishmoon and Marcus Aurelius like this.
  17. casual ultra

casual ultra Fapstronaut

same problem here

FX-05 likes this.
  18. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

I need to check. Does being needy means to be excesively demanding? Or not being able to stand up for oneself? I've read it a lot but I'm not sure if it means what I think (in english words at least, since I think I know the feeling very damn well).

19. Avenging Marmoset

Avenging Marmoset Fapstronaut

Practice small talk but not on the bus. People are sorta trapped on the bus, they can't get away from people they may not want to talk to and they pretty much wanna be left alone there. Find some bar or cafe and hang out there for a few weeks, don't talk to anyone, then start interacting, learn a few names, learn the art of the basic handshake intro. There's no need to wing it, there's a protocol for this called "manners". Learn that and you'll be fine.

20. Ferns

Ferns Fapstronaut

I constantly experience things like that on my life lol

Since i lived a sheltered life back in my childhood and early teenage years, i’m pretty off behind in terms of life experiences specially socially. I got no choice but to make myself used to pushing myself beyond what i can do and not.

It’s been 2 years since i started my journey which is when i was 16 years old, i’m currently 18 i think i’m seeing some improvements? People don’t believe that i didn’t have any girlfriend even once in my life especially girls.

Just continue to work on yourself and stop focusing on those girls for now and come back when you’ve built yourself i guess.

Marcus Aurelius likes this.