1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

She’s Not Funny to Me.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BigCatTunski, Aug 14, 2019.

1. ??? Another opinion for what. You know she ain't funny.

2. Advocate109

Advocate109 Fapstronaut

Pretty sexist right there. I know a lot of funny women, my girlfriend being one of them.

Deleted Account and Helpmeout123 like this.
  3. BigCatTunski

BigCatTunski Fapstronaut

Maybe I am boring lol. I’m going to see her next week, so I’m hoping the distance between us could change things, because I really do miss her. Also, I wasn’t expecting this to blow up like it did, but I appreciate everyone’s perspective on it.

4. BigCatTunski

BigCatTunski Fapstronaut

That’s usually what it is. I think our senses of humor are different, so I think that’s what it might be, as well.

need4realchg likes this.
  5. Hey bud I hope so. It felt kinda like there was more behind her hurt though. Sounded like another person was filling her need to be “cool”?
    Not sure.

My wife and I don’t have the same mother tongue, so our senses of humor is wayyyy different. Plus , I love sarcasm, she finds it hard to understand and offensive at times.

Depends on you.

BigCatTunski likes this.
  6. I'm super done with this sexist bullshit. Women are absolutely funny. I've met tons of funny women, and I'm told all the time that I'm hilarious. Just the other day, two different people told me that the way I deliver things when I'm describing a joke or a funny movie scene is usually funnier than the actual scene when they watch it.

Humor is not a male trait. Plenty of women are hilarious, and plenty of men are complete sticks in the mud who wouldn't know humor if it smacked them in the face. This sexist nonsense is just completely false and I'm tired of hearing about it.

7. BreathTheFreeAir

BreathTheFreeAir Fapstronaut

Having a sense of humor and being funny are two separate things.

Most women have a great sense of humor as a general thing. Men learned early on that making women laugh is a benefit to attraction.

Why people are getting so upset about this is amusing to watch, but disappointing at the same time.

8. Yes, they are. And women can be funny as well as have a sense of humor.

Because it's freaking sexist and stupid and not true. Glad you're finding it "amusing" but I'm not. Frankly I'm sick of sexist assholes on this forum. Women already feel unwelcome here for a myriad of reasons, and we deal with enough sexist crap in our lives.

9. I agree with you @Castielle .
    Sexism is definitely global trend. Given the large swaths of demographics nofap includes , sexism shows its face a bit on here. Not sure how many people are even aware of their biases but thanks for speaking in them. Please continue to be warrior here if you can.

Deleted Account and letter like this.
  10. BreathTheFreeAir

Never said they couldn't be. But as a general rule they aren't, in the overall scope of things. But like I said, most of the general population of women do indeed have a great sense of humor.

Call someone names for having an opinion you don't like is infantile, "sexism" is the belief that one sex is intrinsically superior to the other. I believe that while men and women are different those differences compliment each other rather than oppose.

To each his/her own. Agree to disagree etc...

11. I liked the last part of your statement but I think to make a blanket statement describing a gender— in something that is largely subjective no less, just about sums up why castielle felt offended.

I listen to comedy in multiple languages ... I have heard lots of funny comidennes ... and those who are painful but funny. Those who try too hard and those who are effortless. All are not unfunny. If you had a young daughter , as YouTube had evidenced—kids say the darnedest things ... many of these are funny. Late night tv hosts (all male) use these videos and bits to make you laugh.

Are you going to refrain from laughing because the kid saying it was a female ?

Let me say it another way with a different topic girls groups versus male group:

“I find it difficult to enjoy female vocal groups”, they don’t have the same vocal range as male vocal groups. I can’t say all female groups are that way, but all the ones I have heard sure sound limited.“

There I described my experience and left room for the millions of people i know zilch about.

Same would be true for any blanket statement based on a demographic type (age, handicap , race, income)—- to employ a basic bias reduces the effectiveness of your point.

Thanks for your voice though, I don’t think it’s necessary for her or anyone to name call and you don’t deserve that bud. Agreed.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Oh, cry me a river. I'm not going to apologize for calling sexism asshole-ish. It is.

13. Agreed i've known a lot of women including family members who i find hilarious

14. BreathTheFreeAir

My sister in law was one of the funniest people I have ever known. Exceptions exist.

BigCatTunski likes this.
  15. BreathTheFreeAir

Not crying. I am perfectly capable of handling your histrionics. ;)

16. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I, for one, think your girlfriend is fucking hilarious.

17. Nails

Nails New Fapstronaut

Why people are getting so upset about this is amusing to watch, but disappointing at the same time.[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't sum it up better myself.

Did anyone say that it's impossible for women to be funny? No, they didn't. A general observation was made and that was all. It baffles me why people need to make life even harder than it already is by overly reading into things.

BigCatTunski likes this.
  18. BigCatTunski

BigCatTunski Fapstronaut

Never thought of it like this. I mean, it’s true, I don’t really laugh at a lot of things. We could be watching a funny movie, and she’ll be cracking up next to me while I’m just sitting there watching the movie without cracking a smile. I’ll acknowledge that someone in the movie said something funny, but I won’t react to it. My life is kinda rough right now, but I still laugh here and there.

We’ve been hanging out for a couple days (she lives 6 hours away from me) and I’d like to think we had a good time together. We even roasted each other a little bit so I think my perspective on her being funny has changed.

And to give my opinion on the wider discussion stemming from this, I do think women can be funny. There are women like Tiffany Haddish and Kate McKinnon amongst a whole slew of other women that are incredibly funny. So to think that women can’t be funny is a tad unfair, I think everyone is capable of being funny, regardless of their gender

19. I don't think it's necessarily sexist to say that women aren't funny. That's just a perspective that someone has. You're being a little unjust here. And I think everyone is giving OP waaay too much shit for this. Now I'll admit that I do love some female comics, like Melissa McCarthy, but it's incredibly rare for me to find women funny. I believe there is some biology to back it up. If you want to watch Christopher Hitchens talk about it I entreat you to do so.

TL;DR JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK THAT WOMEN ARENT FUNNY DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU DONT LIKE WOMEN. And in what world should you feel forced to laugh out of peer pressure? That's horrible advice to give someone and you all should know better.

BigCatTunski likes this.
  20. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut