1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Coaching vs. Counseling

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TheNewDrew42, Aug 28, 2019.

1. TheNewDrew42

TheNewDrew42 Fapstronaut

Does anyone have experience with coaching? I am seeing a therapist every other week, but I'm not sure I'm getting all that I want from those sessions, and they're freaking expensive. From some basic research I've done, it looks like coaching is cheaper, and is more structured / has an actual timeline.

Anyone who's been through it? What are your thoughts? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance!

Chongo and A41:14A like this.
  2. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

I've got three soul/life coaches that i follow and chat with on fb and messenger (as friends) for free.. (if i want more personalised services, i'd have to have some sort of energy exchange with them.. $)
    Maybe put your feelers out on fb, messenger, or Y/T
    Cheers hey :)

3. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

Also @HFR 2.0 maybe check out people offering inner child healing.. (for making sense of any known or unknown/forgotten past trauma etc)
    Best wishes to you on your journey bud, take care of yourself :)

4. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Counseling deals with your past trauma

Coaching deals with your goals for the future

Funny that where I live coaching is about 25% more expensive than counseling/therapy.

I recommend first counseling to get to know your demons and get accustomed to them. Then you can use coaching to put the demons of your past to work for you.

Chongo likes this.