1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This girl at the gym

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Bahhhhaaaass. “She’s got a boyfriend !

Bro she gave you her contact .... but i digress. Haha.

Get_It likes this.
  2. primaljade

primaljade Fapstronaut

She did, her bf is all over her profile. I'll give it a few months and see.

need4realchg likes this.
  3. It sounds to me like she's just being nice. All of people in my gym say hello to each other and asking about the equipment is just part of being in the gym. You really might just be exaggerating things because you want her to be into you. "Slow walking" as you described it isn't an indication of anything. You might just be the only person she's said a few words to so she is just keeping up pretences.

Either way it doesn't seem like she will approach you. So you should do it if you are so sure. Just don't make it awkward because there's not many gyms people feel comfortable in and finding a new one sucks.

4. I'm a woman, and I think that sounds perfect. Sounds sweet, and also not too pushy, so if she's totally not interested, it wouldn't be too awkward to turn down. You don't sound desperate or like you'll be crushed if she says no. I say go for it.

Also, I think people are being too hard on you for planning what to say. Obviously you might not end up saying all these exact words, but it's nice to have an idea. It doesn't necessarily mean you'll be stiff and awkward. You're fine. And you might be reading into "the signs" too much, but I think from what you've described, at the very least, I doubt she will be totally shocked when you come talk to her and ask her out. She might still say no, but she is probably expecting it.

Also, not that this necessarily matters, because sometimes things work out despite this, but you say she's really hot and everyone in the gym stares at her. How would you rate your own attractiveness? If she's a 10, do you think you're at least a 7 or 8?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2019
    Motiv3 likes this.
  5. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

I +1 @Castielle and @2974629562994628 .

Also, as personal trainer who have worked as a receptionist and on the gym floor, I can tell you what NOT TO DO.

- Don't be a d**k by showing off and talk to her rudely
    - Don't be too shy and stare at her saying nothing
    - Don't interrupt her in the middle of a set

When you see her smile at you, go towards her, sai hi, and tell her what you told us: that you have seen her around for a while now but you never had the chance to really know her. Ask her name, and then let it go on naturally.

6. Even if he thinks he's an 8 or whatever it doesn't mean she does. He won't know until he asks. As long as he gets his head together and asks the right way and is respectful about it, that's all that matters. Sooner the better, so if he gets rejected he can go back to working out without any distractions. If not, then he can work from there.

7. I saw her,
    I went to her when she was doing an excercise (once she done) I told her 'hey can we do it together?' (one her, one me).
    She replied 'yes (smiling ofcourse), do you want me to add more weight?' (interest sign????) , I replied 'no (smiling) I will warm (work muscles with low weight) with the same weight, thank you'.
    So I done the excercise and the trainer called me to ask me something, then a friend called me to help him with an excercise, then she comes to me, and tells me 'hey (smiles me) I'm done with the excercise' so I reply her 'Oh, great, thank you (smiling)' and she says 'do you want me to put more weight?' and I again reply 'no (smiling), don't bother I will when I go to work on it' (because I was busy helping my friend).

What y'all think about this? I mean, I think she sees me attractive, but she waiting me to approach in the way of friendly-meet us.

hardowner likes this.
  8. Well seems like she's definitely more than just tolerating your interactions. I'd say you continue on the trend and next time ask her "Do you want to do it again?"

If you get a positive result then I'd say it's pretty likely she may see you as attractive and may be at least a bit interested in you. If that is the case, you don't need our help any longer.

Motiv3 and hardowner like this.
  9. Next time I will ask her name, talk about her routine and tell her I'm intrigued to know more about her and ask her to go get a drink.
    Thank you

10. I didn't say it does. Obviously the important thing to know is what she thinks, but I can't ask her, so I asked him. I was just curious to his state of mind and if he's concious of the fact that she probably gets hit on all the time, and likely isn't going to be interested in someone much less attractive than her if she has so many other options.

I agree. That's pretty much in line with the advice I gave. I was just asking a question I was curious about....

11. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Motiv3 and 2974629562994628 like this.
  12. I second this. Very good plan.

Motiv3 likes this.
  13. PERFECT! You go up to her with a smile, confidently, and say something about HER! For heaven sake DON'T say HI!!! Give her a complement to start a conversation. Most guys won't do that, man. They all say Hi...and then what? This is just fact finding to see how she reacts. Right now its all fantasy. You will see her at the gym again. Stop looking at her. You have your routine so ignore her until your finished. She might come over to YOU. I've got one at the gym I'm working on too. I never look at her, but I can tell it kills her. I'm in no rush. LOL

14. parad0x

parad0x Fapstronaut

Following this thread with interest. I have no problem with girls once I know they're interested hence I rely on Tinder way too much. In fact I'm quite good with woman, but cold approaches cripples me with fear. It's so retarded. This is inspiring bro, keep up the good work.

15. RicardoL

RicardoL Fapstronaut

happens to me all the time, you are scrolling on her profile thinking "shes single please be single" oh dang THERE IS THE BF lol

the alpha project likes this.
  16. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

He could be her brother, her cousin, her best friend's boyfriend, her neighbour, her classmate, her friendzoned friend, her ex, her gay friend, a random celebrity that we don't know, etc. The only 100% accurate way to find out if she's single or not is asking her...

17. Well,

Now she does not even say hi to me lol.
    I went to the gym, she was at bikes I made eye contact to her in order to approach but she did not eye contact to me...

My trainer wants to 'help me out' but I told him to stay away and let me do my thing lol

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. Yea, teacher in school told us about this.
    That if man look like he doesnt show interest , woman wanna seek that man more, if she likes him.
    Being a man with a good character and caring about other, when she see you how you care about others, help others, and have very good manners, you are a gentlemen all the time, not some jerk who is pridefull about his masculinity or something, and creepily seeking that woman.

Woman will be really turned on on that man with those attrubutes.
    Because woman have diffrent sexuality of men, woman want someone who have manners, so she know that if he treats others in a good manner, even his parents, and even more to his enemies, she will see character of that guy, and know that , that guy will behave same way to her, and will be gentle.

And also, one reason more (teacher taught us this, really good teacher you would guess, when we talk about sex in class ) , why woman would be crushed on a man who looks like he doesnt show interest (he's just doing his hard work), is because woman have mother instict in her to seek.
    Because mother seek children and want children on safe, and also applies for sex, she seeks just as man do, but she have even more crush because she might be scaried to talk, she would wait man to seek her, and if she is really turned on, she will finally ask first.
    And man should be like a girl at first 2-3 times until they know each other names etc, like showing a no interest.
    When woman approach you and say to you , "hey, you really push hard those weights"
    And you're like "hi, yea, i lift this much, i am disciplined toward my goal" (let yourself show uninterest, and hardwork, just like you're talking with a guy, and also when you teel her that you're disciplined, and how much you work hard on something to achieve, she will recognize your manners, and if she see you how you help someone in exercises, and not even to mention if you help some new in gum with some exercises to learn how to do a proper way, like bench press, she will be turned on).

But of course, it takes time until woman recognises that, becuase mostly she is there for her fitness not to find a bf, it can happen, and you will see if it the that she needs to show interest first.

And i really would like to meet a fitness girl who lift weights, because i know not many womans have will to do anything harder then their "exhausting" cardio, and instantly eat a cake at home.

19. HOLY SHIT DO IT! SAY SOMETHING, ANYTHING!
    Make up a bullshit excuse to talk to her. Talk about weights or exercises or something. Then say "hey btw I see you around here a lot and I think you're really cute" etc. Idk just don't say nothing if you really want this girl.

the alpha project likes this.
  20. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Ask her to go see the Joker movie with you.