1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

3 years of NoFap changed my life

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Hello guys
    I am currently on a 41 days streak and i wanna share the story of how NoFap changed my life.
    This is gonna be quite a long post so brace yourselves xD.
    Let's start with my background. I am 20 yo male from Western Africa. I am a college senior majoring in business management in a Moroccan college. I discovered NoFap back in 2016 when I just started college. I discovered it after a very painful rejection. At the time, I hit on a girl I was madly in love with and she rejected me by the hardest way possible ( didn't care about my feelings and publicly humiliated me. I've been laughed at because of that rejection for almost 2 years). This rejection made me question my value and my life choices. I was an average teenager with crippling social anxiety and self esteem issues. I used to spend all my days playing videogames thus I didn't have any social life. I was just doing enough to go by and I was flunking my way through college. She rejected me for 'better dudes' and that was my turning point. I asked myself why did she choose those guys and what was wrong with me. I realized the effects of my PMO addiction and I decided to improve myself. NoFap was my 1st choice. Most of us think that NoFap will cure fix all our problems and that 90,120 or even 360 days streaks will magically turn us into alpha males with girls begging for our attention. Personally, I believe that NoFap allows us to discover our true selves, hidden by years of PMO brain conditioning and gives us the ability to unleash our true potential. I started working out, eating healthily, drinking water, sticking to a good sleep schedule, feeding my mind with positive and empowering content.
    I really worked on myself along with staying away from PMO and I witness changes in my everyday life. My journey had a lot of ups ( the superpowers) and a ton of downs. My longest streak so far is 124 days and I've had a looooot of relapses before reaching that. My journey also allowed me to discover myself and I realized that I was in a very dark place. In fact, I didn't like my college major and my environment; I was fighting the PMO demon but everything was set up for my failures. After realized how depressing my life was, I took action to better it.
    NoFap gave my the strength to drop out of my shitty college and start pursuing my dreams. It wasn't easy at all; I hadn't any concrete way out and my grades were faaaar below average. I basically didn't have any way out nobody believed in my dreams. At that point of my life, I would have lost my shot if I hadn't had the confidence boost from NoFap. I made huge sacrifices (love, friends, time, money) and it eventually paid off. I got the opportunity to study in another country and I am currently studying something that I love in the US. This is a huuuge accomplishment for a guy like me and it wouldn't have been possible without NoFap.
    Now, I am still facing life challenges and urges from time to time but I'm the happiest man alive. I can proudly say that I made it through the storm that looked like it would never stop.

To the Fapstronauts out there going through hard times.
    To all my brothers who are being beaten down by life
    Just hang in there
    Just believe in yourself and stick to NoFap.
    It will get you to places you'll never even imagine.

I really hope my story will inspire ome of you

Wish you all the best

2. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

thats a great success story, bro! Great to hear about someone doing their best!

3. 220woof671

220woof671 Fapstronaut

"At that point of my life, I would have lost my shot if I hadn't had the confidence boost from NoFap. I made huge sacrifices (love, friends, time, money) and it eventually paid off. I got the opportunity to study in another country and I am currently studying something that I love in the US. This is a huuuge accomplishment for a guy like me and it wouldn't have been possible without NoFap.
    Now, I am still facing life challenges and urges from time to time but I'm the happiest man alive. I can proudly say that I made it through the storm that looked like it would never stop.

To the Fapstronauts out there going through hard times.
    To all my brothers who are being beaten down by life
    Just hang in there
    Just believe in yourself and stick to NoFap.
    It will get you to places you'll never even imagine.

I really hope my story will inspire ome of you

Wish you all the best"

CONGRATULATIONS ON 41 DAYS + ……. AND PURSUING YOUR PASSION-INTEREST ……. AND A VERY ENCOURAGING POST !!!!!!!

light&light and Deleted Account like this.
  4. RonLeong

RonLeong Fapstronaut

5. Superstar

Superstar New Fapstronaut

It's great story bro thanks for sharing it

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. balkanic_falcon

balkanic_falcon Fapstronaut

7. Wow, well done! Keep it up!!

8. Black ∆ Fang

Black ∆ Fang Fapstronaut

Great story. You did an excellent job. Lots of luck to you.

9. light&light

light&light Fapstronaut

Brother good success story. But you actually didn't tell what methods you used like meditation, self-talk. Can you tell us a little about your exercise routine? What time you go to sleep and wake up? etc

10. Hey buddy
    Thank you for the support

Well, I've tried a lot of different methods and routines. There a plenty of them on the Internet and you should try and find which ones suit you.

To answer your questions,
    -I didn't meditate and I know I should give it a try. I never stuck to this habit
    -I do a loooot of self talk. I wrote some affirmations and I read them out loud every morning before talking anybody. Our addiction is deeply rooted in our subconsciuous and it's an effective way to reprogram it.
    - I also keep a journal that helps me reflect on my situation and allows me to find myself
    - I didn't follow an effective exercise routine. I just went to the gym and lifted weights ( it is bad, you should have a clear target in mind with clear deadlines. It's the only way to have real and long lasting results)
    - I normally start my evening routine at 9:15 pm and I go to bed by 10:45 pm. I always try to get 7h of sleep, maximum 8h. I normally wake up at 7 am, naturally
    Tbh, I stopped sticking to these routines and I feel bad right now. I relapsed twice this week just because of that.

After all this time, I realized that the methods are just a small detail in the recovery process. The most important thing is sticking to them.
    Turning to PMO is a lifestyle, and only a new healthy lifestyle can beat a former lifestyle.

11. Nick:3

Nick:3 Fapstronaut

Very inspiring, im aiming to stay on semen retention and no PMO for the rest of this year atleast!

12. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

Great discipline advice. Repetition is key here and positive affirmations are very powerful.

13. Innervision

Innervision Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing, very inspiring story, man! Stick to your constant and regular progress, no matter ups and downs! All the best!

14. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Great (and concise) story man!
    I can really identify myself in your story since those 15 years of PMO also put me in a very dark, isolated and raw place in life from which I felt unable to escape from. Until, that day when I actually decided to start improving myself, even if that meant the least baby-steps in the beginning (such as no complaining, self-pity or too much self-beating).
    From then on, my life started to move in the right direction for an entire year but that progress was almost shattered in only 5-6 weeks of severe (and painful) family matters. It was unfortunate but also the moment where I decided to build something great for myself instead of falling back into that old self-pity trap and it was only two weeks into the NoFap-streak.
    Ever since, my life has improved great time and as you said, you really start questioning status-quo and what you are really bound to do in life instead of falling into the conformist/social conditioning trap that keep so many people enslaved (men and women alike) for their entire lives. It is also fun to hear these stories from other parts of the world that I didn't think was represented at this forum.

For a long time, I've had the tendency to see NoFap as a thing for White and East-Asian guys who have been tired of their PMO-lives but since I've seen fapstronauts from India, the Middle East and Africa write at this forum as well, I realize that the PMO-epidemic (and its solutions) is indeed a global matter and nothing limited to the developed world solely.

15. 45C2B1AA-2957-4422-AF67-5DF894977051.jpeg

Just found this image today and it sums everything up

16. Harry Pottery

Harry Pottery Fapstronaut

Well said! Congratulations!

17. Black ∆ Fang

Black ∆ Fang Fapstronaut

Amazing!

18. jieseba

jieseba Fapstronaut

Congratulations!