1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[14-CHALLENGE] THE FOURTEEN DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Aug 30, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JohnJGill720

JohnJGill720 Fapstronaut

Day four down!

As for fourth day activities, I did some minor housework before finding myself on a twelve hour movie marathon. Best use of my time? Probably not but I avoided PMO.

2. staticboy

staticboy Fapstronaut

14 Days Done!
    It's time to say farewell to my fellow 14-day NoFappers as I've now made it to the start of Day 15 today. Sorry, I missed posting over the weekend when I finished Day 14. Stay strong everyone!

What position are you using? Are you going for the full knees crossed? If it's hurting, which could be a major distraction each session, then just sit in a chair. It's the meditation that's important, not the posture.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  3. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Day 4. feels good to post that!

4. Made it through one day. I'm having a hard time right now.

5. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Day 2. Bought myself a Chromebook that I use on the kitchen table. And I'm not working in the study where the temptation is too great....

6. GregHill

GregHill Fapstronaut

Totally blind sided

Back to day zero!

Maxym and JohnJGill720 like this.
  7. Cydonian Ash

Cydonian Ash Fapstronaut

8. JohnJGill720

JohnJGill720 Fapstronaut

I was using the easy position which is called sukhasana, if Wikipedia can be trusted. I'll have to give the sitting in a chair a try since the pain in the knees does tend to be a distraction.

Maxym and Deleted Account like this.
  9. JohnJGill720

JohnJGill720 Fapstronaut

10. staticboy

staticboy Fapstronaut

I had a quick Google too... first result states: "Don't let the name fool you. If you're used to sitting in chairs, Easy Pose or Sukhasana can be quite challenging." :p
    Also, just wondering what you're using to learn meditation and how long you've been doing it? How have you found it? I started using the Headspace app, but it wasn't quite right. I then tried the Calm app, which has worked much better. But interestingly both of them simply suggest either sitting on the floor or a chair, upright yet relaxed, but neither make specific mention of "traditional" postures or poses. Maybe this is because they're modern Westernised incarnations of the ancient arts mindfulness and meditation.

Oops o_O Almost slipped myself 5 minutes ago after Googling "Sukhasana" because the results contained lots of images of fit women in skimpy outfits bending over :( Sweet Lord have mercy, this NoFap thing can be hard going.

11. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

12. Patton2018

Patton2018 Fapstronaut

13. Toconservethegeniusjuice

Toconservethegeniusjuice New Fapstronaut

Day 9 already.....let's see. I'm in long ahead only to realise there more to go.....