1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[Need relationship advice] Mono Dating Poly

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Arbiter, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Arbiter

Arbiter Fapstronaut

I would appreciate honest comments and generally any feedback on this.
    This will be a long post
    You have been warned.

it goes like this:
    There is like a community club which is also a rehearsal place for people and bands to come to practice and make music. They also organize a festival each year in which anyone can come and put up a show.

So one day I was hanging out there, and this girl approached me (we knew each other only we very briefly) and asked what do I listen to besides all of these noisy and scary metal, and, I mentioned some bands and local artist (non metal) and we agreed to do a couple of songs (btw Im a guitarist she is a singer), I brought in a bassist and a drummer and so we began rehearsing.

After a month or so of rehearsals we get to know each other better. And we get to they show. We performed, it was great.

Right after that we agreed to go out and eat something downtown and went to the park to chill.
    We started conversing and it got more and more intimate and deep, it was obvious that she was really into me and I was into her, we then kissed. We continued to chat after that and things got more serious half hour later we were having sex.

It was great, and it was something I was very grateful to have since it has been 2 and a half years since I had my last relationship and in that time i had only a few dates which led to absolutely nothing and left me very disappointed and sad.

I felt like I felt in the past. I think I felt love again tho Im not sure. All I can say that I had a very good time with her and it made me feel whole again, forget about problems that I have.

And it hit me like a train, I suddenly realized what qualities I really wanted in a girl. I wanted someone intelligent, someone I could share my ideas with, someone to have deep conversations with. And she has those, shes also kind of a geek, loves to read and listens to a lot of music (though our tastes are very different, Im a metalhead, she listens to kind of soft music haha), and we are both russian too.

Here comes the part where I need the help:
    During our conversation she casually mentioned that she is polygamous, and she slept with... your eyes will fall out when Ill say the number... 31 men.
    She also told me she used to date a couple of guys at the same time.
    I wasnt judgemental at all, I listened closely as she listened when I spoke.

But not only that, turns out she is the kind of feminist girl that talks about how much she likes sex and how much she has sex...

This whole part intrigues me and makes me a little uncomfortable, 31 men, Im the 32th. And the thought that Ill never be the only one for her and Im probably isnt now, since she told me she dates many guys at the same time.
    Which kind of disappoints me because really besides that, she is really a great person and we get along very well.

Anyways now for the second part, we exchanged phone numbers, and the day after we chatted a little and it seemed pretty good. Now for the day after that didnt really talk besides that I asked if she is free in the next two days (it was thursday) and she replied "Not really, sorry".

I went to the club at friday and she came too, we talked like everything normal, she came in to get her headphones (she really forgot them there) and really didnt stay for that long.

We havent talked for like 3 days now at all. I dont really want to spam her with messages since Im afraid it will be one-sided enthusiasm. Im also worried about her ghosting me, since I had this happen to me a few times in the past.

Guys I really need help about this whole situation, Im kinda confused and worried at the same time but not sure if i should hold on onto her.
    Thank you for reading this.

2. I'm a firm believer that you cannot just fall in love after having one date and kiss. It takes a long time of living in an intimate relationship with someone for real feelings of 'love' to form.

31 men is nothing in my eyes by the way, so my eyes are well and truly still in my head. I've slept with well over 100 women. More than 28-30% of homosexuals have also had more than 1000 sexual partners. Yes you read that right. Over one thousand. 31 is by comparison a pretty average, even for a heterosexual female and I would say quite healthy number for someone who is sexually active, especially if they are poly-amorous as you described.

All that being said. I think you are in over your head here. You're already really emotionally involved with this person despite the fact that she is openly non-monogamous and you have only been one one date and barely communicated after exchanging numbers.

I wouldn't recommend continuing things personally, but what-ever you decide to do, at the very least stop counting the days and hanging on. If you want to talk to her, do it. Don't wait for her to want to talk to you because it might not happen and she's probably busy with other men.

3. CerealKiller

CerealKiller Fapstronaut

Run run run run run run run run run run.

Oh annnd Run! haha

But that's just me. She could be fine as a friend, but I personally wouldn't go further.

4. She was very honest with you. She told you that she wants to sleep around right now. Great! So, call her once in a while and maybe you'll get lucky again, but she isn't ready to settle down. Thirty one guys is what she bragged, but who cares. Obviously discretion is not her forte.

5. Arbiter

Arbiter Fapstronaut

Thanks for the replies.

I think ill stay "friends with benefits" with her, just when we want to play around a little bit.
    She is really great personality wise, and honestly I dont feel too emotionally invested (not like the past women I had), I guess I matured quite a bit.

I also noticed that Im not so jealous of her too (And I was with other women)
    The real question here I think is will I marry her? the answer is no.

6. Haddock

Haddock Fapstronaut

Man, I read carefully your story. I'm trying to understand the situation. First, just curiosity but I wonder when did she tell you about her being polygamous ? Before or after having sex ?

Now I'm sorry to say that but I really think you should run away. I can't see how such relationship can make anyone happy.

If you want to built something with someone, you need to agree on some fundamental things. And in your case, this is clearly not true since you're not polygamous and she is (actually the exact term is "polyandrous" because this is a woman with many men). So in my opinion such a relationship cannot make you happy. Moreover, one thing important to understand when starting a relationship is that you won't change her. Of course she could change her mind at some point but you should not rely on it. You take her as she is or you don't.

Trust me on this, for now, you're very attracted to her. Maybe even in love. Except for her being polygamous, she seems to have many qualities that suit you. But the fact that you're not the only one is far too important and it will make you truly miserable. I know you probably don't want to hear that for now but "there are other fish in the sea". You will find someone else, fall in love, and this time you will be, let's say, compatible. Please do not make the mistake to think that you will change her and become the only one. Ask her if you want but if she says "no" then do not wait to try to change her mind. Do not make the mistake to think you will at some point become ok with sharing her with 31 other men. Do not make the mistake to think she is "the one" because the simple fact that you post your message is a strong evidence that she is not.

7. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Man, I am really sorry for you. Your feeling must suck. I wish you the best.

Coffee Candy likes this.
  8. Arbiter

Arbiter Fapstronaut

She told me she is polyamorous before we had sex and even before we kissed. Yes, I knew what I was going into.

But I guess you are right man. It is a real big deal breaker and if I come to think about it more her sleeping around with other men and having other relationships simultaneously puts me lower in her priority list, sometimes she may even ignore me completely while being with another guy.

I guess the reason Im holding onto it so much is because I was pretty much deprived of any romantic experience for two and half years, absolutely zero female touch, and that sucks hard. It made me feel like there was something fundamentally wrong with me, and many times lonely and because of that depressed. I had (and still have) many female friends but nothing ever got out of it.
    Every time I tried to take a step further I got ghosted or just rejected.

I wouldnt describe myself as an incel, but as much as I tried to run away from it all the signs were there.
    Im not ugly or socially awkward, maybe just short (5'4 or 1.66 m) I work out for 3 years already so I have a pretty muscular build, I practice NoFap, Take cold showers, eat very healthy, work on my hobbies (studying music and playing the guitar).

I think I tried every technique or strategy there is to imagine. You name it, I tried it.
    Sadly no results.

It put me into a place of despair kinda, sometimes I felt that all of this self improvement is pointless, its was just tiring.

Of course I did it for myself tho, not for the girls, it made me feel better about myself, yes.
    But female touch, attention and care is something I still miss. When I finally got the chance with this girl, even if it has its cons and they are pretty heavy ones... you know...

Im opening up a bit more about my problems here but I hope you understand the situation.
    I would like to read your response.

9. Haddock

Haddock Fapstronaut

So it is definitely not a good idea to stay with her. There is nothing wrong with you. The fact that she is polygamous has nothing to do with you. You did seduce her so the problem, if there is one, is not about you. Maybe the only thing wrong with you is P but you're successfully quitting. Man look at your counter ! It is currently 25 days more than my personal record ! :emoji_clap:

Sounds great. (Tom Cruise is short.)

You must have faith in yourself. For some reason, women are not attracted by men that are depressed. However, they are attracted to men with great willpower and who can achieve great things. Obviously you have all that. You did quit P, you're doing bodybuilding, you've learned the guitar... Tell yourself all that before going out. Be confident in yourself ! Did you try dancing ? This is perfect to meet girls since it is normal to go to them and ask for a dance. I don't know a better way to meet many nice girls and become close to them very quick.

It is not pointless. But you know that :). You just need some reminder. Look at what you've done ! How many people manage to quit P for instance ? Be proud of yourself ! Women will feel it ;)

I understand. But you need to be patient. Now that you've done everything you can to meet new people and to be attractive, just be patient. And, I know it is hard, be try not to think about it. Remember, when you though about your NoFap counter it was painful since the days were long. When you forgot a bit about it then it was much easier ;)

I do understand. Curiously I have a close friend who went through the same kind of issue. He was good looking and everything. A pretty amazing amount of willpower. He was desperate to meet a girl but very impatient. So don't worry. We are great guys and great guys eventually meet great girls ! :)

10. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

The fact that you haven’t been in a relationship for so long may be tricking your brain into thinking you’re in love. Maybe have a serious talk to her about wanting be less casual and to only date each other, seems unlikely she’ll agree but who knows better than sticking with her uncomfortable about the situation right ?