1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any fan here patiently waiting for the The Last of Us Part 2

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Wolves of Wisdom, Aug 24, 2019.

Are you calmly waiting for The Last of Us Part 2?

1. Yes I can wait.

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No! I need the game now!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. You can't rush art.

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. I am just sitting here listening to the soundtrack from the first game and my mind is wild with thoughts. Will Joel be dead in the second game, who is Ellie's mother and how does she play a part in the story, and like the old comments ask of Ellie's mother, why is she so ripped? I also hope Ellie learned how to swim after the first game. Joel did say he would teach here how to play guitar and welp you just gotta watch the video to know that one came true. Anyways I ramble on about nonsensical things sometimes, what are your thoughts and / or feelings towards the story?

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I am waiting for Half-Life 2: Episode 2: Chapter 1: No.

3. I want to believe...

4. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I am a fan of the first game, I've played it through a few times and have enjoyed it every time, although I do think it is flawed. My problem with the second game is its taken soooo long for it to come out that I've kinda stopped caring about it. I mean, it was announced in 2016 if I remember rightly, and the rumoured release date is early 2020, and that might not even be accurate, so at the very least by the time it launches it will have been more than three years. When I was younger I used to be able to maintain enthusiasm for releases that were ages away, but now I just cant, I find it better to focus my attention on games that are at the very most a few months away, ideally even closer, so I dont get into a state of hype where the game cant live up to it. Having said all that I will still buy the game, I am interested in seeing where they take the story and if they expand upon the gameplay of the first.

WesternWolf likes this.
  5. Yeah the wait is the one thing that really kills me. As I get older I find myself relating to exactly what you said. That is one that that seems to torture my mind in a sense is what type of enemies there will be. We all know about humans and clickers but I am interested to see if we will fight any animals with the virus on them.

6. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

One of the best parts of the Left Behind expansion was the interaction between infected and humans, if this isn't a regular part of the sequel then thats a massive missed opportunity. The possibilities to give every fight more than one distinct solution are very interesting and would massively increase the replay factor of the game. Perhaps in one section, Ellie could have to sneak through a fort heavily barricaded against the infected, and instead of fighting directly, she sabotages the fortifications and then sets up shop in a safe place and observes the fort be overrun, knowing she now has to deal with whats left? Then, on a second playthrough, she doesnt do this, and instead sneaks around the human enemies, creating a different experience.

Beyond this, I too want new enemy types. One I thought would be cool is a sneaky, almost intelligent infected thats evolved in the time between the first game and the second. This enemy is a horrific monster that emulates a human voice, to lure people to it, only to spring its trap when they get too close. I based this on the bear from the movie "Annihilation", so its not a wholly original concept, but it could work in a game where a lot of the enemies are so dependent on sound.

WesternWolf likes this.
  7. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Hellll yeah loved part one and I still factions occasionally. Gonna have a good damn time when part two comes out. I’m glad it’s not being rushed. Naughty dog always delivers. Have been following them since Jak and Daxter.

WesternWolf likes this.
  8. Thank you for commenting on the thread, I was almost beginning to think there were no fans on Nofap. I also love Naughty Dog, been with them since Crash Bandicoot. I'm sure they can take all the time in the world and it'll come out awesome!

Kman20 likes this.
  9. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I’m sure there’s a good amount of fans on nofap since a good amount of us are gamers and TLOU was game of the year. Man Crash was a hard game, I should borrow the remake from my nephew.

WesternWolf likes this.
  10. Yeah I like how there were new comers to the Crash series and they were like "Crash was harder than people remember" I really need to give it a try again the Spyro remaster was great as as well.

Kman20 likes this.
  11. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Never really liked spyro but I did play it as a kid. Yeah before the remake for crash came out I had bought crash for ps3 for like a dollar and that game made me SWEAT I couldn’t beat it, don’t even remember if I got half way through that game.

12. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

13. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

SO FUCKING SOON GUYS !!

14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I've seen the new trailer and it looks like the rumoured release date was right, I'm glad its still a PS4 game and it hasnt been delayed so many times to port it to PS5 (although I dont doubt it will get a patch to run/look better on that when the console launches). Its good to finally see the game is real and not borderline vaporware like it, lets face it, kinda has been for nearly 3 years.

Having said that, I'm cautious about the game itself. I see the trailer, and I immediately thought to myself it was a bit lazy that they are using the killing off of Ellies friend/love interest as a driving point for the plot a second time, a third if you count Sam. I saw a lot of people complaining about them potentially "fridging" the gay character AGAIN before they actually confirmed it in the trailer and honestly I dont give a fuck on a personal level, but its hard to deny its a bit of a pattern and I can kind of see why people are annoyed by this.

It also seems really obvious to me that Joel is dead, and just a delusion in Ellies mind, Captain Reznov style. It wouldn't surprise me if the big twist is Ellie ALREADY KNOWS what Joel did in the hospital, and you spend the whole game waiting for the confrontation only for it to turn out it happened off screen, and Joel died ages ago. I really hope I'm wrong but I cant shake that feeling.

I also haven't seen a massive improvement in gameplay like I would have hoped for, I hope we get an extended demo sometime soon thats a better representation of the final game. The demo from 2018 is so old now I doubt it still represents the game accurately.

I dont mean to sound so cynical but idk man, I'm still gonna get the game most likely but I cant say I'm all that fussed? Idk, its weird. Its nice that everyone else has gotten what they wanted though.