1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Methods for dealing with stress?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by DerSchütze, Sep 1, 2019.

1. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

What are some methods for dealing with stress?

2. Squeeziing a stress ball, taking breaks from something that requires a huge emotional response from you like a confrontation or talking to people too much, deep breathing, rationalizing, laughing, taking a walk (its recommended you do it in nature)

theFight, DerSchütze and White Sheep like this.
  3. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Oh. I used to suffer of that too. Well sometimes still. But it helps to have a routine and prioritize the stuff you need to do.
    I have to do my thesis and that stress me really bad. So I do 25 of work and then rest for 5 minutes or 8 (I eat something, I watch cute animals videos, I play with my dogs)

Those videos helped me. One to organize my time so I don stressed out and the other one is part of the ones I've watched

4. I think it depends on the kind and type of stress. So what type of stress is it? Some things are better for some kinds of stress than others.

White Sheep and Coffee Candy like this.
  5. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

Huge ones, very helpful.

Definitely exercise.

Work on what actually stress you. If you know the source, it will be easier to adapt to it / suppress it all together.

Music .....

Coffee Candy likes this.
  6. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

It's not a quick fix, but long term, quitting caffeine and getting enough sleep or having a consistent sleep schedule are things that might help.

7. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

@DerSchütze
    I just read something for you in one of my book...
    Check the Inner Smile meditation, the taoist one.
    Great for relaxation and overall well-being.

8. theFight

theFight Fapstronaut

awesome videos!

Coffee Candy and White Sheep like this.
  9. White Sheep

White Sheep Fapstronaut

My Journal
    :D thank you. Glad you like them

Coffee Candy likes this.
  10. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

First of all, deal with the thing that is causing you stress. If it is something that is out of your control, try lifting heavy weights, meditating and looking into stoicism.

DerSchütze likes this.
  11. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

The best way to deal with stress according to me is to portray your pain.
    Now, it might be in the form of poetry, story, or just any written piece but make sure to write it manually, or you could do painting, sketching, etc and pour your pain into it.
    It is just necessary to portray your pain in any format you like.
    Well, sometimes I even cook. It gives me what I crave.

And if you cannot find any particular activity you can just talk about it to someone.

Or you can also run, take a walk in nature, go for swimming, cycling, etc.

DerSchütze likes this.
  12. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

For me it is cardio training. My doctor said i won’t be able to beat PMO if I don’t run.

DerSchütze, Tibo87 and Protagonist like this.
  13. RachelThorpe

RachelThorpe Fapstronaut

If you are dealing with stress, here are some tips to manage stress and live happily.
    Always keep a positive attitude.
    Don't be aggressive and control your anger.
    Practice some relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation.
    Eat healthy balanced meals and exercise regularly as it can be a good fighter against stress.
    Get an adequate amount of sleep to keep your mind calm.

DerSchütze likes this.
  14. twistedshadows23

twistedshadows23 Fapstronaut

Depends on what's stressing you. For me making a checklist of all the stuff I have to do and then just tackling one thing at a time really helps. I also meditate everyday. Also getting regular exercise is vital. Stress is a huge trigger for me so if I don't stay on top of these things I almost always relapse.

DerSchütze likes this.