1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by zakes, Sep 5, 2019.

1. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

Any rugby fans out there?

Let's talk rugby

Which is your favorite team, who will win the world cup?

As I'm South African, I'm backing the Springboks to win their third world cup

2. Oh my! Just last night I was having dinner with someone and he was going on about Rugby World Cup. I didn’t know it was a real thing and thought he was joking around.

Well now I know.

zakes likes this.
  3. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

To whet you appetite, a gamr to look out for to ignite your interest in rugby is South Africa VS New Zealand on 21 Sept.

These are 2 rugby power houses with a long standing rivalry.. It is not one to be missed.

4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

USA! USA! USA!

No country will be able even come close to beating USA! What's all this talk about about about South Africa and New Zealand? USA will thrash South Africa 100 - 0 and New Zealand 300 - 0

:emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us::emoji_flag_us:

M-mcfly and zakes like this.
  5. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

NZer here. You’ll be destroyed ;)

I like seeing Tonga do well though honestly. We meme about Tongans here all the time, so it’ll be a nice fit.

zakes likes this.
  6. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

Lol.. Remember world cup 1995:D

The 2 teams have huge respect for each other and are actually meeting for first time in group stages.

Playing each other in group stages makes it so much harder for other teams to win it as they will have to play one of the 2 on way to final..

I am happy to see Sonny Bill selected.

Tonga like Japan put in some really gutsy performances in last world cup.. Those tongaan forwards are also very competitive.. I'd also

MLMVSS likes this.
  7. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

I think the US is in the pool of death.
    • Pool C. England. France. Argentina. United States. Tonga.
    Such a tough group.. England France or Argentina will go home.

Both US and Tonga are capable of surprising

8. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Lol! I was joking. USA haven't a chance. NZ will win it.

zakes likes this.
  10. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

The USA has a rugby team? Seriously? Isn't that like heresy against American football? ;)

zakes likes this.
  11. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Yeah, they had one for years and I expect most Americans don't know that. Lol!

Their rugby 7's team is pretty good and Nate Ebner played for them in the Olympics. I assume he didn't consider it to be a heresy then. Lol!

Hros likes this.
  12. Haka is doping and should be banned.

13. zakes

zakes Fapstronaut

Kiwis will take gross offense to that

onceaking likes this.
  14. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I don't know how it can be doping and anyway what about the Sipi Tau and the Cibi?

15. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

1995 was quite brutal indeed. :p I think Tonga could do well in their pool but I’m unsure either.

16. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Thoughts on the games so far:

Russia gave Japan a real scare.
    Fiji still lack stamina.
    Argentina were so close.
    New Zealand look up for it.

17. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Really the haka is so much better than the nation anthems. I think pretty much all of them are dumb.

18. GO FUCKING FRANCE!!!!

zakes and onceaking like this.
  19. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

They had a good 1st half but got a bit lucky in the 2nd. Argentina were so close... If that penalty kick reached the goal a bit further right Argentina would have won. But it was a great game, the best game of the World Cup so far.

20. We're never gonna win the cup anyway, it's just nice to see my team winning haha

onceaking likes this.