1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Head-go-boom at wall mart today. Tell me how you would handle this because I just gotta know.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Avenging Marmoset, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Avenging Marmoset

Avenging Marmoset Fapstronaut

Okay so I got a bit of asperger's, so I don't always see social situations for what they are nor control how I think of them, so I am going to throw this situation out there and you tell me how you would have handled it....

(Sunday night, 9 pm when this happened) I buy my groceries at wal mart because they're cheap and they're also the only grocery store in range of my work and home. Plus they stomped every last grocery store in the area out of business. I hate going to wal mart, and on the weekends I do whatever it takes to not have to go there. To me it's the 9th circle of HELL between friday afternoon and sunday night. Maybe it's that I hate mingling with the unwashed masses and their screaming kids. Maybe it's those edema-oozing FATASSES driving those carts around that have the basket full of twinkies in the front. JFC, does ANYONE have any shame anymore?? Not a lot of National Geographic subscribers in this area exactly. Maybe it's the brainless consumerism, the way no one stands out or comes across as an actual damn individual, maybe it's the checkout lines. Tonight it was the checkout lines. I wanted to make some noodle dish or other tonight, and I hadn't planned ahead before I went to work, but I got off when the place was still open, so I go to wal mart. I love how this place is still busy even on a sunday at 10 pm, yet they're doing this bullshit of starting to close the store when the store is, well, still open. I knew enough to park on the grocery side of the store because, for reasons unknown to me, they close the doors on the other side of the store at 10. Um, only problem with that is people still need to get into that side of the store. Those who are already parked on that side just *might*....just follow along here, okay....*might*...not want to walk all the way across the front of the F8CKING store for no reason other than someone closed the doors on the side they parked on. The STORE is still opne, so leave the DOORS open, mmmmk? Easy enough? JFC am I the only one who doesn't take my damn brain out of my head and PLAY WITH IT?

So i do my shopping, which is uneventful enough. I guess I ended up putting maybe $60 in stuff in the basket. Then when it comes time to check out, I go to the self serve checkout area because I don't have that much stuff and there arne't that many people there. Only....none of the machines are taking cash. Well, I don't want to use my card because I get paid in cash and that was what I wanted to spend. You do not whip out a card....when you have actual currency in your pocket. Of course there was no indication that none of these machines were not taking cash until I was on the brink of checking out. I asked the drone who was managing the area if she had missed that the store was still open and that they should be counting the money they made off of us all day maybe, I dunno, AFTER the store had closed, and in the mean time they should still be accepting this thing called "actual, real, folding, physical currency." She said "That's just the way they do it." That has got to be my number one fucking head-go-boom in the modern age: "That's just the way they do it." Okay well does it ever occur to people in thjose cases that maybe they should change up "how they do it" then? Maybe tap the genius on the shoulder who thought this up and ask them to change "how they do it"? We're so used to doing shit by rote these days and following policies and rules that make zero senes without question that it's seriously leading to the downfall of western civilization. So she tells me I can always go to one of the manned checkout registers. I looked across the abyss and saw that there was only...you ready for this?, because it gets good right here.....one. Single. Register. Open. And around 8 people or more with full shopping carts waiting to get checked out. I figured at about 7 minutes or so each, and I mean at BEST, that I'd be there for an hour. Not couunting how long it's take to get checked out myself. So I look at said drone, look at my groceries in that cart, shrug, and say "well, it's like this: I don't have that kind of time right now." and walked out. That was all on them, not me. I did everything right that I was supposed to do, they refused to play ball with me as a customer who deserved to be treated better. Leave that crap to the rest of the lemmings waiting in those lines. I HATE this kind of corporate bullshit that is truly ruining our country, and at 49 I can tell you that it's only getting worse. I just...can't...handle this shit anymore. No wonder I stay in all the damn time now.

So how would some of you have handled this? Why would you have not gotten pissed at this, and if not, then why would you have? I wish I was one of those lemmings standing in that one single register line amongst an ocean of other closed registers, just standing there zoning out with that anesthetized, glassy-eyed stare off into space, calm as Hindu cows, probably wonder if the new spider man throwaway was any good, like they're pretending they're okay with this, or maybe even worse, they are okay with this. Are you one of those drones? If so, what's that like? Can you tell me how to be one, since they sure seem a lot more not-bothered by this than I do? Please walk me through how to NOT freak over this, aside from just not going to wal mart on the weekends. How the hell do people tolerate this kind of thing??

2. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

Damn you really weren't joking about the aspergers

3. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

@Avenging Marmoset

Have you ever tried to control your negative thoughts and emotions?
    Would deal with this kind of situation with ease and peace of mind be somthing you want to?

4. Avenging Marmoset

I asked the question in order to find out just what it is that makes it so others don't get so riled over this kind of thing. Maybe if they-or how about *you*-can tell me, then I can start there to manage to not get my head cherry-pied all over the place when I so much as go out for a milk run.

I don't get why american business keeps expectng to get three nickels out of a dime. It just doesn't work that way. You'd think they'd learn by now.

5. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

I would take it easy, be patient, and chill out, personally.

6. MisterDirection

MisterDirection Fapstronaut

Ring it up anyway....then u can take the receipt to customer service and pay

7. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Well, I'm not sure this is something to get pissed about. You were right not to wait in line, nobody wants to do that. Don't take things like this too seriously, it isn't a big deal.

8. Avenging Marmoset

Having AS, I often ask others in my personal life exactly what they would have done, what they woul dhave thought in such a case, how they would have processed it. Most of them would have accepted that going to wal mart on any weekend day or night is a bad idea, and would have just accepted that they blew it in that respect and just rolled with it, maybe played a game on their phones while they waited in line. I do not mind waitinng in line, but I am not ging to wait in one that longt no matter what. Considering that, I am going to hence forth avoid weekend trips to wall mart at all costs. I can cope with resonable lines, but I have to accept that the hell of the ones that are that ling isn't something I can handle.

On a similiar note, I did my thiird magic mushroom trip this weekend in the last four years, and it happened to be a tad rough, but I didn't take a big dose so I just riode it out and dealt with the brain-fry that a bad trip can leave you with. But every trip, good or bad, leave a person with a takeaway, something learned, some wisdome gained. This case was no different in that regard, nor that the lesson often becomes apparent two days after the trip. In this case, the thing I became more conscious about was the importance of avoiding caustic and nasty material on the net at all costs, which is something I admit to having engaged in and contribuited to, much to my own detrimnent, and also Lord knows who else's. I don't need to be doing that, and while I am concerned with the world around me and things like political and social issues, it's far better at this stage in my life to worry about my own, more immediate game and achieving personal goals, NoFap being one of them. Avoiding contrioversey on the net will also aid in doing what almost all great spiritual leaders, traditions and religions encourage: The putting aside of one's ego. And maybe it'll help my head to not explode when I go to wal mart. Which I am only going to do on weekdays from now on.

9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Your behaviour isn't weird. I know of people who would act the same way. Personally, I would have got a card out and paid that way but that's just me. The way this Wallmart is running is business is an indication of how things are changing. Some business have completely banned cash, and some are running experimental stories where you don't even have to pay in-store. Judging by your post maybe you would prefer the option of not paying. The world is changing my friend and we need to adapt. Change is hard but it's foolish to fight against it.

10. Avenging Marmoset

Mayebe it's the way I was raised, but cash, as my father, said, is king. It's the only thing that is actual money. Everything else is just a bunch of numbers that *represent* money. And those numbers are both easily tracked, controlled, and, problematically, none of anyone else's damn business as to how one uses them. Some would even go so far as to say pussy, gold and cash are the only three things in this life that are real currency, and in that order.

11. Walmart is a strange place. One can only imagine the weird shit that the employees see on a daily basis.

12. Honestly, I think you overreacted. Especially being kind of rude to a minimum wage employee who has zero control over how the company is run. It's not their fault. They're just doing their job.

I don't really see what there was to be so upset about. If you have money in your account, just use the card instead. No big deal. And if not, wait in line. Also not that big of a deal. Or you can just leave and go somewhere else, but that would likely take longer than it would have to just wait in the line.

13. I feel like our society has become majorly spoiled. Can you imagine if someone who lived hundreds of years ago was told they could just walk into a building, wait like 20 minutes, and walk out with a bunch of food already mostly prepared for them? That would be a dream! Even if the line was an hour long, that would still be like magic to them, compared to how long it would take them to make that stuff on their own. Not to mention that they wouldn't have the resources to make all the variety of foods we can just buy so easily.