1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Caffeine and urges

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Di.Do.555, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

I have been on a caffeine free diet for about 2 months now.
    Yesterday i had a cup of yerba mate ,and i felt different.
    I had urges to overeat and have sugar and also having micro sexual urges .
    There must be a link between overly stimulating caffeine and urges.
    Any one with similar experiences?

2. Gab238

Gab238 Fapstronaut

I think you are right... because I remember that when I drink coffee during afternoons, I can´t sleep, and during this non sleeping time I use to have many erections and urges, I´m going to take a look to see if I found something about it.

3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I rarely get caffeine and I’ve been clean for over a year, so they could be connected.

4. Gab238

Gab238 Fapstronaut

And... I found something

*Coffee is aphrodisiac.

*Coffee can increase arousal in some people (not everybody).

*People who drink coffee (specially women) are more sexual active.

To sum up coffee is not a good a idea for fapstroanauts.

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  5. maxmayer

maxmayer Fapstronaut

If you getting urges by using caffeine you should not use it at all

6. I disagree. Caffeine is a stimulant, but not a sexual stimulant. It stimulates your brain and has even been shown to constrict your blood vessels, which can lead to heart disease. Caffeine is also highly addictive, and can wreak havoc on your cognitive functions if you are addicted to it. If you consume over 400 mg of caffeine on a daily basis, you're addicted. At my worst, I was consuming upwards of 600 mg daily.

I quit caffeine several weeks ago, and have noticed a significant improvement in the way I sleep and my general functioning and awareness. I'm still spacey, but I think that cutting my sugar intake may be the next logical step. I did have one energy drink a couple of weeks ago to see what it would do, and I felt awful. It was like I was in a manic state for hours, and that convinced me to stay off of caffeine for good.

My problem with your post is that you have not presented the source behind those statements. I'm not criticising you personally, but I think it's important to check your references for accuracy. Who wrote the article? Did you research other sources? If so, what does the science say? If you didn't do these things, then I consider these statements to be invalid.

7. That's caffeine for you. If you stay off of it for a while, then have even half of what you used to consume, the effects are going to be pretty significant. The overeating could be because you were trying to mitigate the effects, or it could be that you were overeating when you used to drink a lot of caffeine, so your body was just reacting that way because that is what you used to do. The sexual urges are likely tied into that as well. It's not that caffeine heightens sexual stimulation, rather it is because you were chasing one substance with another out of habit.

I also did something similar. I was off of caffeine for a couple of weeks, and then I had one energy drink (160 mg). I was in a manic state for a few hours and just felt awful. That convinced me to stay off of it for good.

8. Yep. Coffee makes me horny, it's the one thing I cannot give up not would I. lol

9. I've cut way back on caffeine because, as stimulant, it can exacerbate anxiety....and I can then want to medicate my anxiety with unhealthy behaviors/escapism.

10. Di.Do.555

Di.Do.555 Fapstronaut

It is a nerve stimulus. I do believe it is related to anxiety and urges