1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Flow - The State of Mind, you should try to achieve.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by motive_360, Aug 21, 2019.

1. motive_360

motive_360 Fapstronaut

I was reading 'Flow' a Book by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (I didn't gfvbfgjfkuidgudg my keyboard, seriously!).

Found some good things there, and I jumped in here to give you guys a sneak peek from the book. Maybe not relevant for achieving NoPMO goals, but best suited for General goals, like working out, completing reading and remembering of lessons etc.

I many times feel like fully absorbed in an activity, though it seemed very boring to me before(like math) once I get into it a little deeper, the feeling I get is something similar to me eating something very delicious, I want to eat it more and more. The book calls this state of mind as 'Flow'. I'm quoting the book below.

Flow is a mindset people can enter when they are fully immersed in and enjoying an activity. when people enter into flow, they are working at their optimal performance level.

Flow is usually transient, found in times of activity rather than in passive moments of ease and relaxation. It’s often experienced when bodies and minds are pushed to their limits — but, he says,
    It lasts only for that single session of math, if I take a break and if I get involved into some totally different activity(PMO was my frequent activity before) for a while, the state of flow ends and again the subject becomes boring, it again needs the effort to enter into flow but sometimes I keep on thinking about math when I'm eating, bathing exercising in such situations flow is retained and I can continue my math session with the same state of mind as I ended my previous session.

When I feel fully absorbed into the subject, I have more fun.

he says.

Engaging in positive thinking and identifying clear and measurable goals are some ways people can mentally prepare to get into the state of flow.

Entering flow is possible for anyone. Sure, it can be challenging to get there, but the challenge can make moving more enjoyable.

2. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

Thanks @motive_360
    I've just downloaded a copy of Flow :)

motive_360 likes this.
  3. thank you so much, words cannot describe my gratitude to you for sharing this. i will remember this for a long time. Self Improvement

motive_360 likes this.
  4. yeetman47

yeetman47 Fapstronaut

i sometimes enter flow in social interactions, it's pretty helpful

motive_360 and Tibo87 like this.
  5. Tibo87

Tibo87 Fapstronaut

A great add on to this book who be to check flow state according to the Tao (Chinese philosophy), or how to reach flow state with NLP.

Very useful indeed in social interaction, sports, creativity, or learning.

motive_360 likes this.
  6. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

good post, bro! Thanks for posting it!

motive_360 likes this.
  7. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

It's funny I was just reading it.

motive_360 likes this.