1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Science and religion ...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by SuperFan, Sep 11, 2019.

1. SuperFan

SuperFan Fapstronaut

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intellectual arrogance. I find it particularly strong with the new atheists, who rely on the cultural authority of science to mock people of faith as ignorant neanderthals.

But science and religion are not at war in any real sense. There is a war, but it isn't between science and religion. It's between atheism and theism.

Here, decorated physicist Marcelo Gleiser explains how atheism is inconsistent with the scientific method.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...cientific-method-prizewinning-physicist-says/

2. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

Evolution is a religion. Like the big bang. Only smoky theories ! Of 100-200 years old maybe.

The Bible says it like it is from the beginning of times, thousands of years ago. Because it's God speaking to His creation.

3. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

4. Here is how I feel. I am either being attacked by Muslims or Atheists

I rarely go out of my way to make my beliefs known. Unless somebody comes up to me with an honest interest I'm just not going to say anything, unless the Lord really wants me to. Why? It's a never ending fight, people aren't interested in hearing the truth. They're interested in telling you, you are wrong.

From that article. "what is atheism? It’s a statement, a categorical statement that expresses belief in nonbelief. “I don’t believe even though I have no evidence for or against, simply I don’t believe.” Period. It’s a declaration. But in science we don’t really do declarations."

He's right you know. I don't think anymore thought needs to be in it than that on why Atheism makes no sense

Far as Muslims are concerned I dont know what is up with these people. The lies. The tricks they use, I'm almost certain it says for them to use tricks in how they approach anybody who isnt a Muslim to engage in any conversation with them

FX-05 likes this.
  5. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Though the same could be said about other religions, including Christianity.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Boy you are preaching to the Choir. LOL

I've had Christians come up to me and try to win me to the Lord, hahaha