1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Much better, need to get all the way healed

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by HeyStJude, Sep 11, 2019.

1. HeyStJude

HeyStJude Fapstronaut

I had the usual constant compulsive addictive behavior for decades (I’m in my 40s now). I kicked drug and alcohol addiction and renewed my (Catholic) faith. Had great success with no relapses for many months but I now find myself succumbing once a week or so, usually in times of anxiety and stress. The readily available filth on my phone is the worst of course. I REALLY want to ditch this shit once and for all entirely forever. Praying the Rosary and my devotion to Mary he helps but makes me feel that much WORSE of garbage when I falter. Steer me on, friends.

Coffee Candy and Deleted Account like this.
  2. HeyStJude

HeyStJude Fapstronaut

To clarify, still clean from drugs and alcohol

3. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button | Day Counter | Rebooting Resources | Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

White Sheep likes this.
  4. HeyStJude

HeyStJude Fapstronaut

Thanks for the response and for the links. I will check them out. So much frustration that I can’t take this all the way

5. It’s a slow process. I’m a alcoholic...always been a substance abuser. Quitting drugs and alcohol was a walk in the park compared to quitting Pmo. Don’t beat yourself up over it. The important thing is that you are here and you want to be a better person. Look how far you’ve come already! :)

White Sheep and HeyStJude like this.
  6. HeyStJude

HeyStJude Fapstronaut

I can’t get the link for the day-counter to work- but I’ll start counting days anyway !

7. That’s odd...well it’s in your menu in the top left. It should say “update day counter”

White Sheep and HeyStJude like this.
  8. allitnam

allitnam Fapstronaut

HeyStJude, you dont look up to Mary because you are a saint but because you need her. Dont feel bad about it, adding the moral burden to this battle is sometimes too hard to deal with. You have an addiction... even we, simple human beings, can understand that. She also can and She does it. Just be as honest as you can with yourself, and try to find those little actions that lead you to fall. There must be some. Once you have identified them, cut them all in the best way you can. At least, if you happen to relapse, it wont be because you deliberately put your self in danger.

HeyStJude likes this.
  9. HeyStJude

HeyStJude Fapstronaut

Thanks so much, I will think about this carefully.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Heyyy welcome to the NoFap forum : ) It's nice to see you here fighting the good fight alongside us!

Here is just some advice:

First and foremost please take a look at each section in the forum, there might be something(s) you may find of big help to you. Feel free to post there :+)

Then secondly I just strongly advise you to be active on your profile(as there quite a few active people in the profile section). Please start by choosing an avatar and then make daily status posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement. They've also got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see. People will find your profile and give you encouragement/support.

People (are beginning to) love communicating in the profilesection..(it should be and is )mostly spportive talk but it doesn't hurt to deviate from supportive talk. It would be great to have you join in and support others in the threads, profiles, and journal, we could always use your help and in return you shall receive some as well!

Thirdly, You should also highly consider creating a public journal and write about your days in more depth for us members to follow along your journey and offer support to you by way of posting in your journal.

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!

White Sheep likes this.